Twenty six - "Okay, no need to dry hump her."

We ended up staying at the hotel for 2 weeks. And it was amazing. We didn't have to look over our shoulder or worry about anything, really. We were still cauatious, and didn't leave the hotel many times but we never really needed to. Everything we needed was there.

I indulged in a few massages and even managed to convince Killian to get one. He told me afterwards he hated it but I caught him admiring his facial skin later on that day. He took full advantage of the gym facilities and let me tell you - there is no sexier sight in the entire world than Killian working out, drenched in sweat. Lord have mercy on my soul!

We ate amazing food and watched the sunset from our suite every night - it was like a vacation. But I was missing my brother and Jess, and Killian was missing his parents and brother, too.

The time came for us to leave; my dad telling us it was safe again. After 3 weeks, we were finally going home.

"Are you done packing yet? We need to leave for the airport soon."

"Almost." I said, shoving the hotel bathing robe into my bag. What?! It was like being wrapped in a cloud.

I glanced around the room and smiled before walking to Killian at the door.

"Come on, sugar." He said and kissed the top of my head before picking up our bags. We had to buy a whole bunch of outfits due to only having a weeks worth of clothes when we arrived and the fact they were all dirty. We ended up leaving with 4 bags instead of just the 2 we came here with.

We entered the elevator and Killian pressed a button. I wasn't paying attention to which button he had pressed until the doors opened a few seconds later and I was confronted with parking lot.

"What are we doing here?" I asked him.

"You'll see." He replied, with his famous smirk.

"Killian we don't want to miss our flight." I told him.

"Oh theres no chance well miss it."

"And you know this for a fact?" I asked.

"Yes." He replied simply.

"How?"

"Because we're not flying home."

"What? But I thought you booked us flights?" I said, confused.

"Nope. Because we're driving home. He said, stopping still.

"How? The cars are at the cabin and we left the pickup at the motel." I asked. A little annoyance showing itself in my tone. He just looked at me and smiled. "And why are you smiling at me like that?" He gestured with his head for me to look right and I did..

"Melinda!" I yelled running to her and leaning over the hood, stroking it with my hand.

"Okay, no need to dry hump her." Killian said, laughing.

"I honestly thought we'd have to leave her at the cabin." I said.

"I had one of your dad's guys to bring it over this morning. I thought you'd like to drive it home."

"You're actually kind of wonderful, you know that?" I said, walking up to him and giving him a peck on the lips.

"You mean I'm not an.. What was it? An emo bad boy?" He smirked and my knees weakened a little. I've seen that smirk countless times over the last few weeks and it still got me every single time.

"Only a little." I teased.

"Well this emo bad boy would like to get on the road." He put the bags into the trunk and we got in the car. I didn't even care that I had to wait for the car to warm up before we left as I was so happy to be driving it again. The longest I hadn't driven it before was 2 days and that was only because it was in the shop.

--------------------

36 hours, 1 motel and many pit stops and pee breaks later, we finally drove into our street. No sooner had I parked Melinda on my drive, Sadie and Jack came running out of their house and straight up to Killian.

"Im so glad you're okay!" His mom said, hugging him tightly.

"Uh... i won't be if you keep on squeezing me this tight." He said through strained words. She released her son and he took a big breath.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I'm just so happy you're home." She placed her hands on the sides of his face, before wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Marie! I'm glad you're okay, too." She enveloped me into a tight hug, which I didn't mind.

"Thanks." I smiled. Killian and his dad hugged; Jack almost winding him with a fatherly pat on the back, before hugging me, too.

"You guys must be starving. Come on inside and we'll get you some food. Marie, your father had to run to the office quickly to sign some paperwork but he should be back within the hour." Jack said.

Before I had the chance to argue, Jack has already taken my bag from the trunk and was walking across the street to their home. It made no sense to take it all the way over there, to take it all the way back later on, but I saw no point in arguing.

My dad came back around 30 minutes later and we all sat down to dinner. The last time we had done so, they had embarrassed us but this time it was nice. We told them about everything that had happened (minus the dirty parts) and they told us about what had happened Fredo and the rest were arrested.

This time, they had gotten 6 guys to flip on the gang, giving them enough testimony to put away almost all of the gang's members. They still have to go to trial but that will take years and even when it does happen, that have enough evidence to make sure they never get out.

It really was completely over.

After dinner, we all congregated in the living room to chat and catch up and as i looked around the room to see my dad and Killian's family, I felt a warm feeling in my heart.

Happiness.

"Killy, sweetheart, can I talk to you a second?" Sadie asked. I laughed at the mention of his nickname again and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Watch it, sugar." He said. I poked my tongue put at him and he laughed before walking upstairs with his mother.