Sixteen - "If you could say that in a more believable way, that would be great."

After breakfast we left the cabin to go buy some groceries. We took the Audi, and I drove, which was awesome. I felt a little bit like I was cheating on Melinda but it was such a nice car to drive.

Afterwards, we stopped at a coffee shop and as Killian ordered our drinks, I got us a table by the window. I pulled out my old phone to check my messages before I destroyed it.

I was smiling to myself as I listened to the message that Jess had left, when Killian came over with our coffees.

"What are you smiling about?"He asked me.

"Oh, just Jess. She left me a very excitable voice mail about the fall dance."

I was smiling, but it faded when I realised that I probably wouldn't be going. I wasn't really excited about going anyway, but having the choice taken away from me made me want to go even more.

"Right, I forgot that was coming up." He said. "Who were you going to go with?"

"Nobody. Me and Jess are going stag. Were." I corrected myself.

"I'm sorry." He said sympathetically.

"It's okay. I didn't want to go anyway." I kind of lied. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at me. I could tell he was feeling bad about, despite the fact that I really didn't blame him.

"What about you? Did you have a date?" I asked. A part of me was hoping that he'd say no.

"Nah, dances arnt really my thing. Besides I hate wearing a tux." He said.

I bet he'd look good in a tux.

"We better head back before the frozen food starts to thaw." I said, changing the subject. We got up and left the coffee shop before getting into the car.

"Can I drive? He asked.

"Sure." I said, handing him the keys.

As we were driving along, I noticed him keep looking in the rear view mirror with worried look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Uh.. Nothing, sugar" He replied, clearly lying.

"Killian, you're obviously lying so just tell me what's wrong." I demanded.

He looked in the mirror again.

"Shit." He mumbled.

"Killian?" I questioned.

"Were being followed." He stated.

"What?!" I turned around and looked out through the back window and sure enough there was a black SUV with tinted windows behind us. Killian took a corner and so did the SUV. A few minutes later. And 4 more turns, the SUV was still on After breakfast we left the cabin to go buy some groceries. We took the Audi, and I drove, which was awesome. I felt a little bit like I was cheating on Melinda but it was uch a nice car to drive.

Afterwards, we stopped at a coffee shop for a caffinated beverage. As Killian ordered our drinks, I got us a table by the window. I pulled out my old phone to check my messages before I destroyed it.

I was smiling to myself as I listened to the message that Jess had left, when Killian came over with our coffees.

"What are you smiling about?"He asked me.

"Oh, just Jess. She left me a very excitable voice mail about the fall dance." I was smiling, but it faded when I realised that I probably won't be going. I wasn't really excited about going anyway, but having the choice taken away from me made me want to go even more.

Right, I forgot that was coming up." He said. "Who were you going to go with?"

"Nobody. Me and Jess are going stag. Were." I corrected myself.