Nineteen - "Killian... I didn't tell him my name."

I woke up to the feeling of something softly running along my back. I opened my eyes to discover that I was still in Killian's bed, naked, lying on my front. Killian was sitting up next to me trailing patterns on my back with the fingers of one hand, and had a book in his other hand that he was intently reading.

I didn't let on that I was awake and just silently watched him for a few minutes. He was still naked and his hair was tucked behind his ear, allowing me to see his expressive reading face again.

He had the beginnings of stubble along his jaw and it made him even more ruggedly handsome. I would stare at him all day If I could.

His eyes moved in my direction and he smiled when his gaze met mine. He put his book down and sunk into the bed facing me.

"Good morning, sugar." He tucked my hair behind my ear and pressed his lips against mine. His hand slid down to my waist to pull me closer and I instantly melted into him.

His lips removed themselves from mine and he poked my nose with his.

"Good morning." I said, not being able to contain my smile.

"Are you hungry?" He asked. "I was thinking pancakes?"

"Ooh, I like the sound of that." I told him.

"Good. Come on - I'll make pancakes and you can make the coffee." He said, getting out of bed and putting some boxers on.

"Here" He threw me one of his t-shirts. Of course it was black and far too big for me. I picked up my underwear and slipped them on before standing up. Killian looked at me and practically growled.

"You have no idea how fucking sexy you look right now." He told me. He stepped towards me; grabbing my body and crashing his lips onto mine. His quick movement took my breath from me.

His lips made their way to my neck, underneath my ear where he sucked the skin lightly.

"You know... If you... Carry on doing.... That... there's going to be... Consequences." I breathlessly threw his own words black at him.

"Oh yeah?" He goaded, sucking harder on the thin piece of my skin in his mouth.

I placed my hands on his chest and shoved him backwards onto the bed, before climbing on top of him.

"Yeah." I said before I leant down and our lips met with verocity.

--------------------

"Thats one way to wake up." I said as I was putting my underwear back on, along with Killian's t-shirt.

"Way better than an alarm clock." He replied, smirking, putting his own underwear back on.

"I dont know about you, but I definitely worked up an apetite." I told him, winking. He smirked again and gave me a light peck on the lips.

"I definitely did, too." He said, pulling me off the bed. "Lets actually get breakfast this time, shall we?"

"So I was thinking we could do some more research today." Killian suggested, inbetween mouthfuls of pancake.

"Yeah, I'm up for that." I said before swallowing my last mouth full of breakfast. "I'm going to have a shower, then we can get started."

I got up and took my plate to the sink then walked towards the door; feeling Killian's eyes on me the entire time. His shirt that I was wearing only barely skimmed the top of my panties, leaving the curve of my cheeks poking out from underneath.

I teased him by deliberately exaggerating my walk; swinging my hips a little more than usual as I walked past him. I heard him forcefully exhale a breath as I made it to the door, and I smirked to myself as left the kitchen and headed upstairs to my room.

A little while later we were both clean and dressed, and sat in the office with more coffee.

"So how long have you and Jess known eachother?" Killian asked me as he grabbed some more files from the cabinet.

"Since we were 15. There was this girl, Selena Barrett, who was making fun of me at school, and Jess walked right up to her and punched her in the face." I told him.

"Seriously?"

"Yup. She told me afterwards that she hated bullies and it was like the millionth time she'd seen Selena picking on someone, and she just snapped. She's the sweetest person in the world but she'll fiercely defend the underdog." I explained to him. "And we've been best friends ever since.

"Wow. Remind me not to get on her bad side." Killin said with a snort.

"Actually this one time, we were at a coffee shop back home - we usually go for coffee every Sunday - and one day we were sitting inside talking about whatever and suddenly this guy comes over to us and starts to flirt with me and-"

The memory hit me in the face like a brick. His face flashed before my eyes and the familiarity came flooding back. I stood up and started searching the files in front if us.

"Killian, where is that file I had yesterday. The one with the picture of that guy I showed you?"

I lifted up file after file trying to find the one I was looking for.

"I dont know. Why?" He asked, helping me look.

"Because...." I continued searching. "Ah hah! I found it." I opened the file and flipped through the pages in search of the photograph I had seen yesterday. When my fingers found it, I lifted it out of the file and looked at it again. I was right. It was him

"Holy shit." I said to nobody in particular.

"What is it?"

"Remember yesterday, I said I thought knew him from somewhere but couldn't figure out where to place him? I thought I was mistaken; that maybe he just looked like someone I knew. But I was right. This is the guy that tried to flirt with me in the coffee shop that time."

I remembered it as clear as day - him coming over, me being very uninterested and him not leaving, followed by Jess threatening to kick him in the balls.

"Okay so do you know his name?" He asked.

"Uh... 'D' something... Derek? Dean maybe? David! He said his name was David." I yelled excitedly.

"Good, okay. Tell me everything that you can remember."

"Uh... I remember he was really bad at flirting. Like, really over the top about it. It actually made me feel really uncomfortable. He kept trying to convince me to take a ride in his new car. A red Ferrari I think? I told him I wasn't interested and for a while he wouldn't take no for an answer. He said that the last girl he had... I think he said her name was Katy? That she'd loved being driven around in a sports car. He talked about her a few times actually. It was one of the things that put me off. Anyway, Jess threatened to kick him in the balls if he didn't leave and eventually he did. But not before he-" I stopped again; the final price of the memory clicked into place.

"Before he what?" Killian asked.

"Before he said 'Have a great day, Marie.' and left."

I can't believe I didn't see it at the time.

"I dont understand." He said.

"Killian... I didn't tell him my name." I revealed.

"Shit"