Fifteen - "So, breakfast Mrs Levison?"

I walked into the kitchen to find Killian standing at the counter talking to the man I saw at the motel - his uncle.

"Marie, this is my uncle Gary. Gary this is my friend Marie." The man held out his hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you Marie. And I'm sorry I scared you at the motel and diner. My nephew tells me that I freaked you out a little."

"Yeah for a moment, but Its okay." I smiled at him.

"So what brings you here, unc?" Killian asked.

Gary's smile slowly disappeared.

"Gary what's going on?"

He walked over to the breakfast table and sat down, gesturing for us to do the same.

"The Snakes... they know you're on the run." I looked at Killian. I didn't have to say anything because he knew what I was feeling. He put his hand on my leg, under the table. Unlike when he touched my leg this morning, this time it made me feel safer.

"What exactly do they know? And how?" He asked.

"Somehow they managed to find out who you are Marie. They know you're dad is FBI like Killian's parents and that is making them more determined to find you both. Harming the children of 3 feds would give them alot of cache with other gang members." Explained Gary.

I squeezed Killian's hand on my leg.

"How did they find out about my dad? I didn't even know until yesterday." I asked.

"We don't know. But..." He ran a hand through his hair.

"What is it Gary?" Killian asked.

"We think... We think there may be a mole in the division." He reluctantly admitted.

"Jesus Christ!" Killian yelled.

"Calm down, alright." Gary said.

"Don't tell me to calm down, Gary. I drove over a 1000 miles to keep her safe. I promised her i would protect her and now you're telling me that there's a mole in the division?! How do i know were safe here; that she's safe here?! And how do I know they don't know where we are right now.?!"

This was the first time I was seeing truely Killian scared and I didn't like it. He'd been my protector from the beginning and despite my yelling and attitude, he had always remained strong. If his ability to hold on to that strength was wavering, then I had no idea what I was going to do.

"Look, there is no reason to think that they know anything about this place. Right now the only people who know you're at a safe house is me, my partner Lawrence, your parents, Killian and your dad, Marie. And Lawrence and I are the only 2 people who know the location of this place." He said trying to reassure us.

And it worked. Kind of.

"With that being said, there's no harm in taking a few extra precautions. So..." He got up and grabbed a backpack from the counter and sat back down. He unzipped it and reached in and took out two iPhones.

"These are you're new phones. They're burner phones; untraceable. You need to destroy your old ones and use these instead. I've taken the liberty of programming a few numbers in them for emergencies. Under no circumstances are you to give your numbers to anyone. Not even your parents. If you need to contact your parents, you call me and I'll arrange contact with them." He put his hand back in the bag.

"Next are these." He held out a set of keys, which Killian took. "Thats to the car I drove up here in. It's a brand new Audi; fast as hell, should you need to get away quickly."

"We have a car, though." I argued.

"That blue rust bucket outside?" Gary said.

"Hey! Melinda is my baby." I protested.

"Melinda is-" Gary started but Killian raised his hand and stopped him.

"Don't argue about her car, dude. You do not want to get into that with her. Trust me." Killian said, sending a smirk my way and I playfully nudged him.

"Okay, I'm sure Melinda is a great car, but you need something more reliable right now, for your own safety." He said.

I loved Melinda but even I have to admit she was temperamental. I nodded, disappointingly.

"Anything else?" Killian asked.

"Yeah." He reached into his pocket then handed us a black credit card each. "You're going to need money, obviously, so they're unlimited and untraceable."

"Wait, aren't credit cards the easiest thing to track?" I ask, bewildered as to why he would give us them.

"Sugar, this isn't like CSI - its much harder to track a card in real life. It's not a live system that informs whoever wants to know where a card is being used at that exact moment. There's a delay in the information and transactions making their way onto the system." Killian said.

"Which makes it easier for us to... manipulate it, shall we say." Gary added with a proud grin.

"Should I even ask how?" I askes

"Probably best not to." Gary advised, and I snorted.

"I've also go some ID's for you both." He handed us a drivers licence each.

"Susan Levison." I read mine.

"Jason Levison." Killian read. "So we're.."

"Husband and wife." Gary revealed.

What?!

"We're 18. Nobody is going to believe we're married." I said. I mean, seriously - that's ridiculous.

"Of course they will. Young love and all of that yucky stuff." He said. "Plus I have these to help. He pulled out a small velvet box and opened it to reveal 2 silver wedding rings.

"Oh come on Gary." Killian said. "Is this really necessary?"

"For now, yes. Look, her drivers license says her name as MRS Levison. If someone sees it and asks why you're not wearing rings, it could lead to all kinds of questions. Trust me this makes it much simpler." Gary said. Killian looked at me.

"I guess if it's going to keep us safe.." I said taking the smallest ring and putting it on. "Hey this fits perfectly. How did you know my size?" I asked Gary.

"Were the FBI. We're paid to know stuff." My jaw opened and I stared at him. If they knew something so unimportant as my ring size.. How much information did they know about me?!

"Honey, I'm kidding. You're dad told me, alright." He said with a chuckle.

"You're an ass." I told him.

"You have no idea." Killian agreed. "So is that all you came for or are you planning on scaring Marie some more?

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He held his hands up in defense. "But yeah that's all for now so I'll leave you guys to your day." He got up and started walking towards the front door and we followed.

"If anything changes or I find out any more information I'll let out guys know, okay." He hugged killian, then me.

"Thanks, uncle Gary. For everything." Killian said.

"Hey no problem." He said with a smile. "Listen I know things are tough right now, but we'll get them."

"I hope so." Said Killian.

"Wait, if the Audi is ours, how you are driving away?" I asked, confused

"Lawrence should be waiting for me at the gates." He said. "I'll be in touch soon guys."

"Okay, Bye Gary."

"Bye." I said.

"Bye guys." He replied with a wave and walked away from the cabin.

"So, breakfast Mrs Levinson?" Killian said, lifting his elbow for me to take.

"Breakfast sounds positively wonderful, Mr Levinson" I replied taking his elbow.