Twenty Five - "Okay kids, save it for the hotel room."

We sat up and he leaned over to the table on his side of the bed.

"It's your dad." He said and he took a moment before answering it.

"Hello... Yeah, hold on.." He took the phone from his ear and put it on speakerphone.

"You're on speaker phone now." Killian told him.

"Its over. We got 'em."

We looked at eachother in shock.

"What?!" We both answered at the same time

"My guys got there pretty quick after you called and they managed to arrest Fredo, Lawrence and one of Fredo's guys. They've been arrested on various offences, including murder. We're currently in the process of getting an emergency court hearing to deny them bail. But it's pretty certain that they'll never be free again."

"So.. Is that it? It's over?" I asked.

"Almost. We still need to be cautious; we don't know if Fredo had anything else planned. But you're in a far better position than you were." He explained to us. It made sense - They've only just been caught so it wouldn't be completely over for us straight away, but it was still a hell of a lot less weight on our shoulders.

"Any news on my uncle?" Killian asked.

"We found him at Lawrence's place. He'd been shot in the shoulder, and had been through a pretty good beating but we got there in time. Hes got some recovering to do but he's going to be fine."

"Thank god!" Killian said, happily.

"Where are guys now?" My dad asked.

"At a crappy motel a few miles away, The Starlight. Room 210." I answered.

"Okay, I'm at the cabin right now, so I'll drop by soon to pick you up and i'll set you up in a proper hotel for a few days."

"That would be awesome dad."

"Could you bring us our stuff with you? Specifically clothes. All i have right now as the jeans I was wearing" Killian told him.

"You're in a motel room, half naked, with my daughter?"

"Uh.." Killian didn't know how to answer

"Go Marie! I didn't know you had it in you"

"Oh my God, dad!" Killian laughed but I, on the other hand, was mortified.

"His tshirt was covered in Lawrence's blood, and it's not like we had time to get clean clothes given that we were - oh I don't know - trying to escape the cabin with our lives!" I yelled at him.

"Okay okay, I was kidding" He said with a laugh. "Anyway I gotta go, but I'll be with you soon, alright?"

"Okay dad. I love you."

"I love you too sweetie."

"Thanks Mr Drayton." Killian said.

"Please, Killian, call me Steve. bye guys."

"Bye" We both said.

Aa soon as Killian hung up the phone we grabbed each other into a hug. As soon as I felt his arms around me, I broke down. Every ounce of fear and stress and anger and terror just poured out of me in one big wave of relief.

Killian did what he had done a few times in recent days and just held on to me, stroking my hair and kissing the top of my head. Once my sobbing had died down he pulled back slightly and and tilted my head up to look me in the eyes.

"It's over sugar." I lifted up onto my tip toes and pressed my lips against his, before buying my head back into his neck and holding on to him tightly once more.