Chapter 26

WICKED LONG CHAPTER

All over again: chapter 26 ~

Alex's p.o.v

I took a deep sigh as Jacob and I entered our hotel room. We just got back from the hospital, and I still wasn't fully calmed down yet. I looked in the mirror, and my eyes were puffy and red. I splashed water on my face, and walked to my bed and collapsed onto it. I couldn't help but let even more tears flow. The thing I'm most worried about, is what if this means that I'll never be able to have kids? What if there's something wrong with me? What if I can never be an actual birth mother? All these thoughts were running through my head, when they suddenly disappeared as I felt a hand go in circles around my back. It sent sparks through my body, and I felt at home, even though I was miles away from home. I sat up, and looked Jacob straight in the eyes. I shoved my head into his chest as I let it all out, for probably the tenth time in just two hours.

"Jacob, what if I can never have kids? What if I can never be a mother?" I said, looking up at him, as he wiped my tears with his thumb.

"You can't think like that, baby girl. Please, stay positive, for me? I know it's hard, but you just have to stay strong, okay?" I nodded my head, and wiped my remaining tears. God, this really is hard. You know what? I don't care about my weight or how skinny I am anymore. I deserve some junk food. Oh, correction. A lot of junk food.

Jacob's p.o.v

"Jacob?"

"Yes, baby girl?"

"Do you have the phone number to any good pizza places around here?" She asked as I played with her hair, as her head rested on my legs, and my back against the bed.

"Yeah, actually, I do. Cam and I ordered pizza from a place down the street yesterday. Why?"

"Can you take me there?" She asked with the most innocent voice. How could I say no?

"Of course." I said getting up and grabbing my keys, with Alex right behind me.

"Wait!" She yelled, stopping me. She ran to the room across ours, and came out with Stacey next to her.

"Can't go shopping without my best friend. Even if it's food shopping." She said looking at me.

...

I lightly laughed, as I took a quick look at Alex, who was shoving pizza in her mouth, and enjoying it very much. We were currently on our way to CVS, because Alex demanded I drive her there. Not in a mean way, but she said it like she absolutely needed to go there and she couldn't wait. Just as she put the pizza box in the back, causing Stacey to tell in pain because it apparently hit her in the face, we pulled up, and Alex practically jumped out of the car before I even parked it. Jesus this girl is crazy, but hey, I love her. I finished parking and caught up to Alex with Stacey right next to me as she walked in through the automatic doors. She was in a very large sweatshirt, and her hair was in a very messy bun, with absolutely no makeup on. Her eyes were still puffy and red, and I actually don't know if she has pants on or not. That just how long the sweatshirt was. And to top it off, she had her bulky, but cute, glasses on and a pair of oversized slippers. She looked absolutely adorable. But I felt bad for her. It's been such a hard day for her, and she honestly doesn't deserve anything that happened today. My thoughts were interrupted as the edge of a bag hit me.