Stay

So this is a pretty simple AU but I thought it was pretty cute. Don't forget to comment and vote (if you want). Thanks for reading and enjoy, I guess...?
________________________________

Cas sat alone in the empty classroom surrounded by old instruments, as usual. His fingers  ached from carefully strumming away at his cello but he didn't care, the music he was creating was magnificent.
Every day instead of going to the cafeteria like everyone else, you'd be able to find Cas in the music room surrounded by the things he loved most. He closed his eyes, becoming lost in the music.

'You're really good.' A gruff voice came from behind him.
Cas jumped up from the chair, the sheet music from his stand flying across the room.
He looked at the boy who stood awkwardly by the door. His dirty blonde hair swept up above his forehead revealing the beautiful shade of his candy apple green eyes.

'I'm so sorry,' the boy walked forward, 'I didn't mean to startle you.'

Cas looked at the boy and back at the papers scattered across the floor and hurried to pick them up as he approached, not wanting any further conversation to be needed.
'Let me help you.'
'It's fine, really.' Cas mumbled as he gathered his sheet music from the floor.
As he stood once again, the boy handed him a few loose pieces of paper he had collected.

'I'm really sorry.'

'It's okay.' Cas sat back down on his chair, placing the papers back on the stand.
'I'm Dean Winchester.' He stood, unable to take his eyes off Cas.
'I'm Castiel Novak.'
'Nice to meet you Cas,' Dean smiled, 'You're really good at that.' He pointed towards the cello in Cas' hand.
'Thankyou.'

Dean dragged a chair across the room and sat down beside Cas.
'Why've I never seen you play at a school concert or anything?'
Cas shrugged, not knowing what to say as he attempted to regain his focus. He thought this might signal Dean to leave the room but it only made him more interested.
'Do you play?' Cas asked without looking up from his instrument.
'I only play the guitar.'
Cas nodded, 'Why've I never seen you play in school concerts or anything?' As he said this, he looked at Dean in the eyes for the first time. Only now realising how bright they really were.
'I just moved here,' Dean nodded awkwardly as he adjusted the bag on his back, 'Two weeks ago.'

Dean stood up from his chair and walked across the room, his large buckled boots crashing against the wooden floor, echoing across the silent room.
'I can leave if you want..?' He turned to look at Cas as he pointed towards the door, 'I didn't mean to intrude.'
Cas waved his hand towards him, gesturing for Dean to sit beside him.
'No it's fine,' he smiled, 'Stay.'