Summer Camp

Oh god this is really bad I'm so sorry. Thanks for reading and please comment and vote guys. Enjoy!
________________________________

Cas walked into the large hall, children and teenagers crowded excitedly around camp leaders. He didn't want to be there.
He dragged his bag across the floor, his rucksack felt heavy on his back as he walked over to a crowd.
'Alright.' The room slowly became silent as a mans voice echoed across the hall, 'I'm camp leader Shurley.' He smiled, 'please make your way to me or one of the other camp leaders to find out who you'll be sharing a room with!'
Cas looked around, everyone seemed so excited. He backed up closer to the doors and slid onto the floor, the camp leaders were all busy so he thought he may as well wait.

He sat for a few moments watching all the commotion before Mr.Sherley walked over, 'You must be Castiel.' He looked down at Cas on the floor.
Cas nodded, not wanting to talk.
'Follow me and I'll show you you're room!' This man seemed too happy, fake even.
He lead Cas to a wooden cabin furthest from the main hall, surrounded by trees and greenery.
'Here it is.' He gestured his hand towards the door, 'I should warn you about your roommate, he can be a bit...' He stopped himself, 'Well you'll see.' He pushed open the door allowing Cas to enter first.
'Hey Dean' Sherley smiled, his kindness met with an unfriendly glare from the boy sat on the floor.
'This is Castiel.'
The boy looked up quickly before looking back down at his bag, 'Hey.'
Sherley looked at both of the boys, giving them both encouraging glances, 'I'll leave you two to get to know each other then.'

Dean threw his bag onto the top bunk, 'Dibs.' He he laughed.
'Um... That's okay, I prefer the bottom bunk anyway.' Cas mumbled, placing his bag down beside the bed as he began to unpack.
After a few moments of silence Dean plopped himself down onto the bed beside Cas, 'So.' He turned to him, 'Figure we may as well get to know each other, we are sharing a room for two weeks.'
Cas nodded his head, 'Okay.'
'I'm Dean Winchester.' Dean held out his hand to which Castiel hesitantly took it.
'I'm Castiel Novak.' He shook his hand.

They both continued to unpack their bags silently, Dean sat on the top bunk while Cas slumped on the floor shoving his clothes into the drawers.
Dean jumped down from the bed with a large thump making Cas jump slightly.
'So Cas, wanna go look around?'
Hearing Dean call him Cas made him smile, 'Sure.' He pushed his glasses further up his nose as he stood.
Dean opened the door allowing Cas to pass by him, 'It's alright if I call you Cas, right?' He followed behind him.
'Yeah it's fine.'
'Good.'
'Wanna get some food? I'm starving.'
Cas nodded, still not knowing what to make of Dean. He'd seemed so withdrawn and hostile in the presence of Sherley but had seemed to be a completely different person now.

They walked around silently while they looked for the food court. They walked through the double doors together and entered the busy hall.
'Hey Dean!' A group of boys yelled from across the room.
Dean looked over at the boys and back at Castiel as he walked, waving at them and continuing on his way.
They sat down at the empty table in the corner of the room, both had gotten burgers and fries.
'So do yo-'
'Hey Dean.' A young boy came and sat beside Dean, 'Who's this?'
'This is my roommate Cas, Cas this is my little brother Sammy.'
Cas held out his hand to the boy, inspecting him. He was pretty tall considering he was younger than Dean, with almost shoulder length thick brown hair.
Sam took Cas' hand and smiled, 'Nice to meet you.'
'How old are you?' Cas questioned.
'I'm 14, why?' Sam laughed,
'Oh, you're the same age as my brother Gabe.'
'Gabriel Novak?'
'Yeah.' Cas looked at Dean and back at Sam awkwardly.
'Oh he's my roommate! How weird.'
'Okay Sammy maybe that's enough socialising with MY roommate, go find Gabriel.' Dean poked his brother in the arm jokingly as Sam stood up.

'Sweet kid.' Cas bit into his burger.
'Yeah.' Dean looked over at Sam who was now sat across the hall with a group of boys.
The pair sat in silence once again as they ate, both wondering how on earth they'd be able to share a room for two weeks with awkward tension between them.
'Why are you here anyway? I come here every year and I've never seen you before.' Dean wiped the sauce from his face with the sleeve of his leather jacket.
'Um... My parents. They thought I needed to socialise.' Cas raised his arms and made air quotations as he spoke.
Dean laughed at this, 'You are pretty shy.'
'I know.'

'I'll be right back.' Dean stood up from the table leaving Cas sat alone. He walked towards a boy in the dinner que. Cas recognised him from school, Benny Lafitte.
Cas watched as they spoke, not realising for a few minutes that Sam had taken a seat beside him once again.
'So.' Sam tapped Cas on the shoulder making him flinch, 'You like my brother?'
'Yeah I guess, he's a nice person.' Cas narrowed his eyes as Sam smiled.
'Oh cool, cool.' Sam smirked
'What?' Cas asked as Sam laughed.
'Nothing, I better go.'
Sam stood up from the table, walking away just as Dean returned.
'What did he want?'
'Nothing.' Cas looked back at Sam who was watching the two of them.
This was going to be an eventful two weeks and Castiel knew it.