Nothing to worry about

Dean walked across the cafeteria, his leather jacket rubbing against his rucksack. He looked around, straining his neck to look for Castiel.
Then he saw him. Face hid behind a book, as usual, his tray of food still full in-front of him.
'Hey.' Dean said sliding his tray onto the table, 'you okay?' He asked moving the book down from Cas' face.
'I'm fine.' Cas pushed his glasses higher onto his nose.
'Eat.' Dean beckoned. pointing towards the plate.
'I'm not hungry.' Cas placed the book I front of his face once again.
Dean snatched the book from Cas' hands, placing it under his leg, 'seriously.'
'I'm just nervous.' He whispered.
'I know.' Dean elbowed him, 'but it'll be fine. I promise.'
Dean lifted his head as he heard a voice calling him across the room. Sam was sat at a table across the hall with Gabriel and Kevin shouting him over. Their arms in the air as they waved repeatedly.
'I'll be right back.' He smiled at Cas before standing up and walking over.

Cas sat alone once again, lifting his headphones from around his neck over his ears. The voice of elvis calmed him, drowning out the sounds of teenagers bickering. He took the book back from Deans chair, returning to the page he left off.
After a few moments he felt a kick under the table, as he lifted the book from his face he saw Charlie.
'Hey.' She began as Cas peeled off his headphones.
'Hi.'
'What's up? You look worried.'
Charlie could read Cas like a book. Their relationship had always been platonic of course, Charlie liking girls and all.
Cas looked around to ensure no one could hear, 'I'm having dinner with Dean and his Family tonight.' He mumbled.
'As in... His Dad?' She squirmed.
'Yeah.' Cas dropped his head into his hands.
'It'll be fine. He'll love you, Don't worry.'
Charlie bit into her Apple, 'how could he not?' She said, her mouth full, 'you're awesome dude.'
Cas laughed, 'he might not think so.'
'He will.' Dean sat beside Cas once again, 'hey Charlie.' He smiled.
'Hey Dean.'
'Cas I told you. It'll be fine.' He squeezed Cas' hand.

Charlie stood up as the bell rang.
'Well.' She said grabbing her comics, 'I'll see you guys around.'
Cas exhaled, two more periods to prepare himself to meet the man who'd always terrified him. Great.
Dean walked Cas to his classroom door before swaggering away down the hall. For the rest of the lesson all Cas could do was think about the possible scenarios of the events of the evening. What if John didn't like him? What if he didn't like the fact he was gay? What if he embarrasses himself?
Cas had already met Deans mother and she was lovely, a beautiful caring woman who had seemed so supportive of Deans sexuality. But was John the same? Cas hated this feeling.
He scribbled in his sketchbook until the bell rang, finally finishing his drawing of Dean.
Okay. Here goes.

He walked towards Dean who was already  waiting by the impala with Sam. Sam smiled at Cas before getting into the back for the car, hitting his head on the door as he did so. Dean laughed beckoning Cas into the passenger seat.
The car ride back was practically silent, Sam being the only one to attempt to start a conversation.
'How'd your test go today Dean?' Sam asked poking Dean from the back seat.
Dean shrugged, 'okay I guess.'
Cas turned to look at Sam who was now tapping away at his laptop as usual.
The car pulled up in front of the house and Sam immediately slammed his laptop shut and jumped out, running up the path towards the door.
'You ready?' Dean squeezed Cas' hand.
Cas nodded, unable to speak.
'It'll be fine.' Dean pressed his lips against Cas' cheek and pushed the car door open.
Cas watched him step out the car before doing so himself.

Cas had obviously been to Deans house before, but John had never seemed to be home.
Dean pushed open the front door walking into the front room where his mother sat. Cas followed behind, closing the door.
'Hello Dean.' She said without looking up from her book.
'Hey.' Dean called back from the kitchen.
Cas stood in the doorway tugging at his jacket sleeve, not sure where to go or what to do.
'Oh hello Castiel.' She beamed holding out her arms.
'He prefers Cas remember.' Dean said poking his head around the door.
'Ah yes,' she smiled releasing him from her arms, 'Cas.'
'Thankyou for inviting me to dinner.'
Mary returned to her seat,
'John will be back soon,' she nodded, 'you two can go upstairs until dinner is ready if you'd like.'
Dean walked back into the room, a mouth full of food.
'Dean!' Mary said slapping his hand lightly.
'What?' He scoffed, swallowing more food quickly.
'You'll ruin your dinner.' She laughed, 'now you two go upstairs.'