Sketches

Hey guys sorry again that I haven't uploaded an AU for a while I've been really busy and just generally thinking of new ideas. Thanks again for reading and please comment or message me any ideas. Enjoy!
________________________________
'Hey.' Charlie sat down beside Cas, wiping the sweat from her forehead, 'You okay?'
'Mhhmm.' He mumbled continuing to scribble in his sketchbook.
'Cas.' Charlie poked his arm, 'Earth to Cas?' She nudged him to awaken him from his daydream.
'Yeah?' He nodded his head to signal his attention.
'You okay?'
'I'm good thanks, you?' His pencil crashed against the paper yet again, focusing on his drawings.
'I'm good.' Charlie took out a bottle of water from her bag before swigging the whole thing, 'Damn it's hot.'
'I know.' Cas continued, looking up across the field and back at his drawing.
Charlie followed his gaze towards the runners at the far end of the track.
'What're you drawing?' She smirked as she nudged her head closer.
'Nothing.' Castiel snatched his sketchbook away, finally paying full attention to Charlie and glaring her right in the eyes.
'Okay dude.' She shoved her headphones into her ears, throwing her jacket across the bench.

'I'm going to the bathroom, watch my bag please?' Castiel stood up before tucking her sketchbook into his back and setting it back down.
'Sure.' Charlie took one of her headphones from her ear, 'Don't be long.'
Cas nodded as he walked away.
Charlie sat for a few minutes and looked around, realising Cas left his sketchbook she looked across the field to ensure he wasn't walking back. She grabbed the book and flicked through the pages to the latest drawings.
'Woa.' She said out loud, gazing down at the beautiful pencil drawn sketches.
She continued to look over them until she paused at a particular page, 'I knew it.' She whispered to herself as she looked down at the drawing of a boy.
This wasn't any boy, this was Dean Winchester. His hair was shaded a lightly coloured dirty blonde blended with brown, his candy apple green eyes emerging from the paper. So that's who Cas was staring at, huh.
Charlie slammed the book shut and shoved it into the satchel.
Cas walked up the steps towards her and smiled, 'Hey.' He slumped back down onto the bench. He looked curiously at his bag, obviously aware that the book had been removed and put back.

They didn't speak for a few minutes, both of them watching the runners  on the track zoom past.
'So,' Charlie pushed her headphones and phone into her bag, 'What's up?'
'What do you mean?' Cas replied without taking his eyes off the track.
'You and... Dean?'
Cas' head whipped around immediately, his face in complete shock, 'Me and Dean?'
'I saw you're sketch-book Cas.'
'What?' He shoved his book further into his open bag and buckled it shut, 'That's private Charlie.' He moved his bag behind him as if to hide it.
'I'm sorry I was just curious,' she looked over at Dean and back at Cas, 'Have you spoke to him?'
Cas shook his head, 'No! How could I? Have you seen him? Have you seen me? Ha, no chance.'
'You should speak to him.' She nudged.
'No way.'

~2 days later~
'Hey look.' Charlie tapped Cas on the shoulder excitedly as he turned away from his locker, 'It's Dean.'
'Please just drop it, nothing will happen, he doesn't even know who I am!'
Dean walked down the hallway with a small group of guys, 'Hey Castiel.' He waved as he passed.
'Hi.' Cas mumbled, his whole body froze.
'Yeah he totally doesn't know who you are.' Charlie laughed adjusting Cas' coat collar.

They stood by Cas' locker for a few more minutes as Cas placed his books carefully onto the shelf.
'Hi.' A voice came from behind Cas, Charlie smirking.
Cas turned around quickly to see Dean stood directly in front of him.
'Hi...' Cas looked at the floor, unsure why this boy was speaking to him.
'So I'm having a party tonight, you two should come.' He smiled, 'If you want.'
Cas stood speechless, his body frozen.
'We'll be there.' Charlie chimed, beaming.
'Great, see you there.'
'Cool.' Charlie looked at Cas and back at Dean, a smirk spread wide across her face.
'Bye Charlie,' he turned to look at his friends, 'Bye Castiel.' He placed his hand briefly on Cas' shoulder before walking away. They both watched as Dean walked down the hallway.
'This is great! He knows you, you can talk to him tonight!'
'Just because he knows me doesn't mean he wants to date me Charlie.'
'Yeah but everyone knows he's bisexual Cas.'
'Huh? I didn't know.' He said shutting his bag, 'You never told me.'
'Because I thought you knew! We're definitely going to that party.'
'Fine.'

~A few hours later~
Cas was walking home alone as usual, kicking the orangey-brown leaves as he shuffled his feet across the pavement.
The trees hanging low over the path provided him with perfect shade.
The street was unusually silent, no cars, no people, no sound. This peaceful silence lasted around ten minutes before a car engine roared closer. Cas turned to look at the car, a 1967 Chevy Impala.
He thought nothing of it and continued to walk around the corner.
'Hey.'
Cas turned towards the road to see the car had slowed down and was now beside him, a boy looking out of the open window.
'Want a ride?'
Oh crap. Dean.
'Oh hi.' Cas mumbled, 'Um it's okay.'
'I insist.' Dean gestured his hand towards the car, 'Come on.'
Cas walked towards the car and grabbed the handle as Dean pushed the passenger door open. The sun beaming through the window, the inside of the car was extremely hot.
Cas turned to Dean without saying anything. He was so confused.
'Where do you live then?' Dean continued down the street.
'Just up here.' Cas pointed.

The car came to halt. Cas could feel Deans gaze burning into him.
'You're still coming to the party tonight, right?' The car engine stopped.
'Yeah.'
'I could pick you up later?'
'Why?' Cas turned to him, looking Dean directly in the eyes for the first time.
'I don't know.' He shrugged.
'Okay then.' Cas opened the car door and shut it slowly behind him before walking around the front of the car and onto the pavement.
'How about 7:30?' Dean looked up at him from the drivers seat as Cas walked towards the car window.
'Sure.'
'See you later then.'
Cas walked up his garden path, astonished that Dean Winchester had just drove him home. He opened the front door and ran directly up the stairs and straight into his bedroom.
Throwing his bag on the floor he collapsed onto his bed, peeling off his trench coat awkwardly as he lay down.
This wasn't happening.