Released

Sorry I haven't posted any new AU's recently. I've just finished my week of exams and have been busy and stuff. I should upload more often now! I'm aware there may be spelling/grammar mistakes but please don't be rude about it okay. Thanks for reading guys!
________________________________

Cas pried his eyes open, forgetting where he was for a split second. The familiar faint sound of repetitive beeps.
Trailing his eyes across the room he realised Dean was sat beside him, his eyes closed with his head resting against one knee.
'Dean?' He whispered faintly
Deans eyes opened slowly, widening when he saw Cas smiling up at him.
'Hey.'
'Hey.' Dean replied, 'I spoke to the doctor while you were asleep.' He rubbed his eyes vigorously as he spoke.
'And...?'
'You should be coming home tomorrow.'
Cas grabbed Deans hand, 'Really?'
'Really.' Dean laughed as he stood up, releasing Cas' hand, 'Be right back.'
'Where're you going...?'
'Im going to the bathroom.' He laughed again before leaving the room.

Dean entered the room, a nurse smiling up from her clipboard as she passed him in the doorway.
'Everything okay?' Dean slumped back into the chair beside Cas
'Yeah.' Cas yawned reaching his hand out for Deans
Dean nodded, picking up the television Remote and flicking through the channels.
Cas closed his eyes attempting to sleep.
'Dean?' He lifted his head
Dean leaned forward, 'what's up?'
'I can't sleep,' Cas looked almost embarrassed, 'Will you lie with me?'
'Sure.' Dean whispered, placing the remote onto the table before slipping off his shoes.
He climbed onto the bed, wrapping his arms around Cas tightly.
'I can't wait to go home.' Cas yawned quietly
After a few moments Cas fell fast asleep in Deans arms.

The next morning Cas was released from the hospital, prescribed multiple antibiotics for the pain.
Dean helped Cas into the wheelchair provided, being careful not to hurt him.
Every so often someone would stare as Dean pushed the wheelchair down the corridors, the wheels squeeking against the hard tiled floor.
Stepping into the lift Dean smiled at the young boy in the corner.
He pushed the button for the ground floor, switching through the multiple impolite people in his way.
The young boy stood staring at Cas who began to feel uncomfortable. He felt so small in comparison to all the people stood around him and now this boy found his casts particularly interesting.
The boy rummaged in his bag as he stepped towards Cas.
'Here Mr.' The boy smiled handing Cas one of the many stickers in his hand.
Cas looked up at Dean behind him and then back at the boy,
'Thank You.' Cas peeled the sticker from the sheet, placing it on his cast.
The boy returned to the spot he once stood, grabbing his mothers hand while continuing to look at Cas with confusion.
The doors opened and Dean pushed the wheelchair through the reception and out onto the parking Lott.
'Where's the car?' Cas looked around, straining his neck to look over other cars.
'There.' Dean pointed across the Lott
Dean swung open the passenger door, 'Get in then.' He laughed
'Seriously.' Cas gestured towards his leg
'I'm kidding!' Dean lifted Cas into the car, buckling his belt before kissing him on the cheek quickly.
He stuffed the wheelchair into the back of the impala and slumped into the drivers seat.
'Lets go home.' He smiled at Cas as he started the car.
'Finally.' Cas exhaled relaxing back into his seat.