Ellens diner

So I don't know if this is any good but it's an AU in which both Dean And Cas are teenagers. Thanks for reading! Comment any requests or opinions.
Oh and I didn't know what to name the chapter/AU so please excuse the poopy title. Thanks!
_____________________________

'Dean!' Ellen yelled through the kitchen, beckoning him around the counter, 'Can you fill in for Jo today? She's on a road-trip with Ash.'
'Sure.' He smiled getting up from his seat.
'Go get a spare uniform and be out here in 10 minutes.'
Dean picked up his bag before walking around the back. He looked around the room, a few lockers in the corner and a pile of clothes in the other.
'Ah.' He exhaled as he stumbled towards the uniforms, syphing through them until he found an appropriate size.
He threw his bag into the nearest locker, piling his clothes on top of it.
'Here.' Ellen passed Dean a notepad and pen, ushering him over to the left side of the room as he walked back into the diner. He stumbled in confusion, turning to look at Ellen to see her yet again wave him over to the busy tables.
The first table he waited at was practically empty with one boy sat alone reading.
'I'll just have a coffee please.' The boy mumbled without looking up from his book.
'Sure.' Dean said walking away writing in his notebook.
As Dean walked away he felt the eyes of the boy burning into his back. He was relatively silent slouched in the booth alone, book still in hand as he waited for his coffee.
Dean stared at this boy in confusion as he waited for his order, he was pretty cute. Dark brown messy hair accompanied with the deepest blue eyes imaginable.
'Dean.' Ellen tapped him on the shoulder making him coherent once again, 'Take this to that young boy.' She handed him the coffee.
He nodded silently, walking over ensuring not to spill a drop.
'Thank You.' The boy said looking up, staring Dean right in the eyes for the first time.
'No problem.' He smiled before walking away.
The diner wasn't very busy so Dean sat alone at one of the many empty booths, taking out his sketchbook and beginning to draw. He noticed the boy repeatedly looking up at him in a curious manner and began to feel uncomfortable, wondering whether he had something on his face or in his hair.
After around ten minutes he began to ignore the staring, focusing entirely on his drawing.
'What're you doing?' He heard a voice whisper causing him to turn around in surprise.
The boy sat across from him, pushing his glasses further up his nose as he closed his book and set it down on the table.
Dean didn't say anything.
'Huh?'
'Oh... I'm drawing.' Dean stuttered, attempting to close his sketchbook.
'Can I see?'
Dean held tightly onto the book, looking cautiously at the boy who sat opposite him.
'I'm Castiel by the way.' He smiled holding out his hand.
Goosebumps shivered up his arm as he took Castiels hand, shaking it vigorously before letting go.
'I'm Dean.'
'I know.' He laughed
Dean glared at the boy, he didn't know him? Was he supposed to?
'Oh I know Ellen. She's told me all about you.' He said realising Deans confusion.
Dean nodded his head immediately looking over at Ellen for approval to which she waved before returning to her work.
'Hey Cas.' Ellen yelled looking up across the room realising he was sat with Dean.
Cas waved at her before returning his gaze to Dean.
'So can I see your drawings?'
'Sure.' Dean handed the book over the table, looking anywhere but Castiels eyes.
'Woa.' He flicked through the book, 'These are amazing.' His eyes wide with shock. He hadn't expected them to be so good.
'Thanks.' Dean blushed looking down at the table.
'I better be going anyway.' Dean looked over at the new customers entering the diner, 'Work to do.'
'Ah okay.' Castiel opened the book once more, taking a pen from his pocket and scribbling in the back page.
'What're you doing?' Dean gasped
Castiel handed him the book, 'We should hang out sometime Dean.' He smiled before walking out of the door.
Dean opened the book immediately, anxious to see what had been written.
'Call me - 077607899435
                  - Cas x'
Dean slammed the book shut as if someone was watching before walking across the room to take the customers orders. He'd call him later. Should he? He didn't want to seem desperate, which he was.

~around 20 minutes later~
'So you met Cas?' Ellen smirked across the counter at Dean, 'Nice Kid huh'
'I guess.' Dean uttered, wiping the counter.
'You gonna call him?' She winked leaning across to Dean.
'Ellen!'
'What?' She laughed, 'I'm not stupid.'
'Yeah I will now can we change the subject?'
'Okay okay!'

Dean had gotten changed out of the uniform and was now stuffing his sketchbook into his bag. He'll call Cas later.
He couldn't get him out of his mind, his piercing blue eyes. His scruffy hair. The smooth way he spoke made Dean want to curl up with embarrassment.
Wait. Dean wasn't gay, was he? He'd only ever felt attracted to girls so why was this any different?
Dean pressed the buttons cautiously into his phone and placed it upon his ear, 'Hello?'
He paused, 'Yeah it's Dean.'
'Hey Dean, What's up?'
'Wanna hang out?' Dean bit his lip anxiously, regretting his words as soon as they left his mouth.
''Sure. I'll meet you at the diner and we'll hang out somewhere.'
'Okay.'
The phone call ended and Dean couldn't have been more relieved.

He had forever feared rejection.

He sat at the booth alone for a moment, emotionally preparing himself to talk to this guy.
'You can do this.' He mumbled to himself repeatedly before shoving his phone into his pocket.