Detention

Another high school AU because I enjoy writing them! Thanks for reading and again please comment any requests or opinions. Enjoy.
________________________________

Dean walked into the classroom as the bell rang, noticing Benny waving him over to the table near the back of the room.
'Hey Bens.' Dean dropped him bag down onto the table before receiving a playful punch in the arm.
The class began to gossip becoming louder and louder before the teacher turned away from the chalkboard.
'Hello Class.' Benny looked at Dean in confusion, this wasn't their regular science teacher.
'I'm Miss Naomi and I shall be filling for Mr Shurley.'
'Where's Mr. S?' Benny asked
'You'll raise your hand when you have a question in my class.'
Bennys eyes widened as he shrugged at Dean.
'Now. You shall be paired up for the next few months.'
The class began to look around as if to pair themselves with friends.
'Benny and Kevin.'
'But Mr.S always lets us pick our lab partners?' Kevin raised his hand as he spoke.
'Well I'm not Mr Shurley. Now please take your seat beside Benny.'
Dean removed his bag from the table allowing Kevin to take his seat as he stood waiting for his name to be called.
'Charlie and Gabriel.'
'Balthazar and Megan.'
'Lucifer and Rowena.'
'Crowley and Bobby.'
This continued for around 10 minutes before everyone was paired up. Well, everyone besides Dean.
'Ah Mr Winchester. You shall be paired with Castiel.'
Dean glanced at Benny who shared the same expression of confusion.
'Who's Castiel?' Benny whispered with a look of slight disgust.
'No idea.' Dean set his bag down onto the last available table behind Bennys, waiting for his 'partner'.
After a few moments a boy came and sat beside him, pushing his glasses back into place as he took out his book.
'Hey...' Dean turned to him.
'Hi.'
This boy didn't seem to be particularly sociable.
'You must be Dean.' He said reaching out his hand failing to look Dean on the eyes.
'You must be Castiel.'
'Cas.'
Dean nodded his head before returning his focus to the front of the classroom.
Dean sat attempting to focus, looking beside him every few moments to see if Castiel understood.
It was hard to tell if Castiel was actually focusing, his head faced straight down at his book with his pen poised in his hand.
'What're you doing?' Dean mumbled nudging him.
'Nothing.' Cas lifted his head giving a short glance in Deans direction, shifting his arm to cover his book.
'You have 20 minutes to complete the work.' Miss Naomi bellowed, her voice stretching into every crevice of the silent classroom.
The class began to talk, people discussing the work set.
'What're we doing?' Cas turned to Dean looking him in the eyes for the first time.
'I have no clue.'
They sat in silence for a moment. Dean scratching his name into the wooden table with the end of his pen.
'You new here?' Dean said without looking up from he table.
'Kinda.'
'Where're you from?'
'Arizona.'
Dean nodded, biting the inside of his cheek as he usually did when nervous.
'I see neither of you have completed any work.'
Both Cas and Dean looked up at Miss Naomi, not seeming to care what she was saying.
'That's a thirty minute detention for the both of you after school tonight.'
'What?! But Mi-' Cas began
'I'll see you after school.' She smiled sarcastically as she returned to the front of the classroom.
'Great.' Cas uttered to himself as he shoved his book back into his bag.
The bell rang and the class dispersed.
'Hey wait up.' Dean ran up the hallway past Benny, who assumed he was referring to him.
'Cas?' Dean tapped Cas on the shoulder.
'Oh hi.'
'I'm sorry about getting you into trouble in there.'
'What? That wasn't your fault. I'm terrible at science anyway.' Castiel laughed as he pushed his glasses back into place with the back of his hand.
'Do you want a ride home after detention?'
'Um I guess so...'
'Great. I'll see you after school.' Dean waved his hand as he walked down the corridor before being greeted by Benny once again.
Cas continued to walk. Clinging tightly to his bag as he swerved through students.
He finally reached his locker, stuffing his books onto the shelf he realised someone was stood beside him.
'Cas, right?' The girl offered her hand.
She was dressed all in black which complimented her pale skin perfectly. He remembered her from science, Megan?
'Yeah. Megan, right?'
'Just call me Meg.' She laughed to herself, looking Castiel straight in the eyes.
'Wanna eat lunch with me?'
Cas hesitated, he didn't want her to get the wrong idea.
'I'm actually busy, sorry. Maybe tomorrow?' He lied.
'Sure. See ya then.'
He turned back to his locker as she walked away, repeatedly looking over her shoulder back at him.
Cas took his sketchbook from his locker before slamming it shut. As he walked he saw Dean still stood with his friends.
Dean smiled and nodded as he passed, unable to take his eyes from him.
Dean definitely wasn't straight, that's for sure.

~Around two hours later~

Cas sat in silence as Miss Naomi glared at him across the room. Where's Dean?
Castiel had never been in a detention in his life but for some reason felt strangely comfortable all alone.
Suddenly the silence was broken as Dean burst into the room, bag in hand.
'Sorry I'm late Miss.'
'Take your seat Mr Winchester.' She demanded, ignoring his apology.
Dean dumped his bag down on the floor beside his chair as he sat down.
The teacher continued with her work, not looking at either of the boys. Dean took this opportunity to turn around and look at Cas and smile. Cas smiled half heartedly not wanting to get in trouble again.
'Mr Winchester please turn around and stop talking to Mr Novak.'
'But Miss I wasn't-'
Miss Naomi shook her head to which Dean stopped talking immediately.
Everything seemed to be in slow motion. The sound of the clock ticking started to get on Cas' nerves, a constant reminder of how long he had to wait to get out of this hellhole.
Miss Naomi stood up, picking up her books and she walked around her desk.
'I won't be a moment. Do not leave your seats.' She walked across the room, her heels squeeking against the tiled floor.
As soon as the sound of her heels stopped Dean spun in his chair to look at Cas.
'Hey.' He smiled
Cas looked at the door, straining his neck to see if the teacher was present.
'Hi.'
'You still want a ride home?'
'Yeah.' Cas said almost immediately causing him to question whether he seemed too needy.
'Good. Want some gum?' He held his hand out revealing a crumpled packet of spearmint chewing gum.
'Sure.' Cas whispered as he took a strip and popped it into his mouth.
The sound of Miss Naomi's heels echoed down the hall once again. Dean turned back to his desk, acting as if nothing had happened.
For the rest of the half hour all Cas admired Dean. Not that he could see much besides the back of his head. Dean spun in his chair every so often to look at Cas but that was about it.

'You may leave now.'
They both rushed out of their seats and out of the door, Dean ushering Cas in the direction of the parking-Lott.
'Which ones you car?' Cas looked around
'This one.' Dean lead him over to a shiny black 1967 Chevy Impala, a grin spreading across his face.
'Woa.' Cas' eyes widened as he admired the car.
'Get in then.' Dean laughed opening the drivers door as he pointed to the other.
Cas quickly walked around to the door and ducked his head to get into the car.
'Where do you live then?' Dean said starting the car.
'Um... You know Maple Street?'
'Seriously?' Cas looked confused, 'You must live right up the street from me!'
'Ahhh.' Cas exhaled as he finally understood.
The car ride was relatively silent. Cas rolled down the window as it began to get too hot.
'Here.' Cas pointed out the window.
The car stopped and Dean turned to Cas, 'So...'
'Are you... Gay?' Cas clamped his hand over his mouth realising his question, 'I'm sorry that was..'
'No it's fine.' Dean laughed patting Cas on the shoulder, 'I'm Bisexual.'
Cas nodded, his face still bright red with embarrassment.
'You?'
'Yeah.' Cas mumbled.
'Well here then.' Dean rummaged through his bag and took out a piece of paper to scribble on, 'My number.'
Cas nodded, not knowing what to say.
He pushed the car door open and shut it carefully behind him. Stumbling over the curb he turned and look at Dean who was still watching him.
He began to walk back to the car over to Deans door.
'What's up?' Dean looked at Cas' empty seat and back at Cas, wondering if he had forgotten something.
Dean stepped out of the car leaving the door open.
Cas didn't know what he was going to do nor did he have time to think about it.
Before either of them knew what was happening, their lips smashed together. Cas sunk into Deans arms, the smell of leather dancing within his nostrils.
Their lips separated and they stared at one another awkwardly,
'Well.' Dean joked
Cas turned around and walked up the path, looking back at Dean one more time.
'See you tomorrow?' He smiled.
'Definitely.'