I'll see you around

Cas' vision had become hazy, staggering around the house attempting to find Charlie.
Walking across the dance floor he saw Jo and decided to go over,
'Heyy.' Jo latched onto Cas' arm as he sipped at his drink, 'cool party huh?' She was just as drunk as him.
Cas nodded, ignoring the large group of jocks staring at him,
'Hey queer!' He heard one shout.
'Oi!' Jo screamed, rather too loudly causing a lot of people to turn around, 'leave him alone Richard!'
'Thanks.' Cas whispered
'What did you say?' A boy yelled, shoving Cas as he passed.
'Nothing.' Cas muttered.
'What?' The both shoved him again, obviously drunk aswell.

A lot of boys got their beat in, punching Cas in the ribs and face repeatedly. They didn't seem to have a particular reason but Cas was an easy target and he doubted they even knew what they where doing.
They left him in the bushes behind the house as no one seemed willing to defend him.
Cas laid there in the mud alone and covered in blood, he had no way of getting home, oblivious to where he now was.
'Hey.' He heard a voice from above him.
He stayed silent looking up, worried the owner of the voice may realise who he was.
'Castiel, right?'
He nodded sitting up, gasping as he held his ribs.
'Woa.' The boy hadn't seen Cas properly before but could now see his bruised face.
'I know.' Cas whispered.
'Here let me help you.' He carefully lifted Cas from the floor, 'what the hell happened?' He urged as Cas stood.
'Those guys.' Cas pointed through the bushes back to the party.
He put his arm around Cas' waist and the other around his shoulders, walking him in the direction of a slick black car.
'Whos car is this?' Cas stuttered as he opened the door.
'It's mine. Stay here.'
The boy shut the car door leaving Cas alone in his seat, as he walked back into the house.
'Who did it?' He demanded answers, pounding his fists together.
'What're you talking about dude?' A boy stammered though the cluster of drunk teens.
'Who the hell did that to Castiel?'
'Who wants to know?' The boy laughed looking around at his silent friends.
Knocking the drink out of the boys hand, he pinned him up against the wall,
'You ever hurt Castiel again and I'll kill you.'
The room went silent, the music still droning on in the other room. Students piled up in doorways watching the commotion.
He turned to walk out of the room before hearing laughter behind him, to which he turned around, punching the drunk teen in the jaw.

He returned to Cas who was curled in his seat, obviously in pain.
'Where do you live?'
Cas stayed silent. Unsure whether to trust this seemingly harmless boy.
'I'm Dean by the way.'
Dean.
'I live a few blocks away. I can give you directions.' Cas tried to smile.
'Okay.' Dean said, pulling out of the driveway and onto the road.
The car journey was silent for a few minutes, Cas feeling more and more nervous with every passing second. Could he trust this boy? He seemed nice enough.

'This it?' Dean asked, pointing out the window as he drove slowly.
'The house with the hammock on the porch.' Cas pointed out.
'Ah.' The car stopped, Dean stepping out of the car and walking around to Cas' door.
'Is anyone home?' He asked
'No. But I have a key.' Cas winced in pain.
'Well I'm not leaving you alone like this.' Dean exclaimed, shocked at the thought.
'You can come in if you'd like?' Cas said, digging into his pocket and grabbing the keys.
The porch steps squealed under Deans large boots. Cas pushed the door open using all his effort.
'Take your shoes off.'
Dean immediately obliged, kicking off his boots and leaving them by the door before shutting it behind himself.
'Nice place.' Deans eyes wandered the room, inspecting every last detail.
Cas lead Dean into the front room before collapsing onto the sofa, realising his mistake as he shrieked in pain.
'Let me help.' Dean sat down
'How?'
'Have you got a first aid kit?'
Cas tilted his head, wondering why this boy seemed to care so much.
'It's in the kitchen, second door on the right.' He pointed down the hall, 'in the cabinet above the sink.' He yelled after him.
Dean returned to the room and kneeled on the floor in front of Cas, placing the first aid kit, a bowl of water and cloth on the floor beside him.
'So do you know why they did this?' He began, dabbing the cloth upon Cas' face.
Cas mumbled for a moment with no words actually reaching his lips.
'What?' Dean hesitated before continuing to clean the blood from Cas' face.
Cas mumbled again, but Dean was still unable to hear.
Cas stared at Dean who seemed confused, his eyes narrowed upon Cas as if he was trying to read his thoughts.
'I'm gay okay.' Cas practically yelled.
'Oh.' Dean continued, trying to muster the words he was thinking, 'Well...'
'Well?' Cas asked, confused.
'I'm glad.'
'You're glad?'
'Yeah.' Dean smirked
'Why...?' Cas removed Deans hand from his face, looking him straight in the eyes.
'Because I'm gay?' Dean exhaled as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, 'I thought everyone knew that?'
Cas froze for a second, Deans hand poised over his face,
'What're you thinking?' Deans fingers fluttered against Cas' lips before he placed the cloth back onto the floor.
Cas shrugged, he barely knew this boy yet seemed to trust him completely.
'Why'd you help me?'
'Because,' Dean sat upon the sofa beside Cas, 'I've been in your situation.'
Cas' eyes widened, 'you...?!'
'It passes.' Dean grabbed Cas' hand, his thumb stroking against his rough knuckles.
Cas smiled leaning his head in Deans shoulder, 'Thank you.' He whispered.
Dean wrapped his arm around Cas' shoulders, later realising he was fast asleep. He lifted Cas' glasses from his face, dropping them onto the table.
He stood up carefully, resting Cas' head onto a cushion ensuring not to wake him.
'Goodbye Castiel.' He whispered, grabbing his boots from the door.
'Cas.' He whispered, half asleep, 'Cas. Call me Cas.' He smiled; his eyes still shut.

The door closed quietly, Cas jumping up from the sofa suddenly feeling alone. He looked around, Would he see him again?
Then he saw it. The small scrunched up piece of paper on the table top which read-

'I'll see you around Castiel. Stay strong.

                           - Dean Winchester    xx'

Cas flipped over the paper revealing the phone number on the back.
He smiled with relief, falling back into the sofa now realising he wasn't wearing his glasses.
Dean Winchester.
I'll see you around.