Missing

Sorry this AU is pretty short, the idea was much more cute in my mind okay.  Please don't forget to vote for each 'chapter' as you read!Thanks for reading guys and as usual please comment any ideas or recommendations, enjoy!
________________________________

Dean sat alone on his bedroom floor, a scrunched up piece of paper in his right hand. He could feel a pair of eyes watching him but didn't look up. He didn't want Sam to see him like this.
'Dean...' Sam began, 'It'll be fine.'
Dean shook his head silently. He knew if he spoke he'd burst into tears there and then, and that wasn't an option.
'C'mon Dean...' Sam droned on, 'Please just talk to me.'
'I can't right now Sammy okay.' He snapped, not even looking at his brother.
Dean could hear the sound of Sam's bare feet padding down the hallway in the other direction. He was now alone.
Lifting his head he un-scrunched the piece of paper in his hand, a single tear wetting the sheet as he looked down at it.

Cas was still missing. It had been weeks.

Looking down at the picture of Cas made his eyes swell and his face scrunch. Cas' blue eyes seemed to call out for Dean as if Dean was expected to make everything okay again.
Dean knew that wouldn't happen. He'd lost all hopes of finding his boyfriend and was now alone. Similar thoughts repeatedly ran through his mind, where is he? What happened to him? Did he leave me? Why?

Standing up, Dean placed the paper down onto his desk and walked across the room as the phone down the hall rang.
The noise echoed across the bunker until finally stopping and the sound of Sam's voice took its place. Deans fingers fluttered across the pictures on the wall, his eyes shining with tears.
'Okay goodbye? Thank You.' Dean heard Sam say down the phone finally before the call ended.
Sam ran down the hall, his giant feet crashing against the floor creating large noise. He came to the door pulling his jumper over his head, his face bright red.
'What's wrong with you?'
'They've found him. The police, that was them on the phone. He's down at the station now.'
'Cas?' Dean froze. This couldn't be real.
'Yeah it's Cas! Let's go!' Sam waved his hand as he walked back down the hallway.

Dean looked around the room flustered, not sure what to do. He grabbed his boots and jacket immediately and ran for the door, putting neither of the two on until reaching the car.
'What did they say?' He turned to Sam as he slid into the drivers seat of the Impala.
'Someone called the police because screaming could be heard coming from the old factory. They found him there, freezing and hungry.'
The car was racing down the streets, Dean ignoring the red lights when possible.

The car suddenly same to a hault and Dean opened the door and walked across the parking Lott. Sam grabbed the keys Dean had left and raced after his brother.
'Cas?' Dean pushed open the double doors forcefully, scanning the room.
The woman at the desk pointed towards a door to her left and told Dean to enter. Before doing so, he regained his posture and pushed the door open.
'Dean?' Cas sat, wrapped in a blue blanket beside a police woman. Tears spiller down Cas' cheeks as he stood up, dropping the blanket he held onto so tightly not moments ago.
'Oh my god, Cas.'  Dean walked closer, his arms wrapping around Cas' small frame. He seemed smaller, not only skinnier but shorter in some way. But it was still Cas.
'Don't you ever do that to me again.' Dean held Cas, his hand rubbing against his boyfriends back, 'Where were you?'
'I...' Cas looked up at Dean, attempting to explain.
'He doesn't know.' The police woman stood up and walked forward, 'says he can't remember a thing.'
'Well you're back now and that's all that matters.' Dean pressed his lips against Cas' forehead, now realising Sam had entered the room and was stood by the door.
'Hey Cas.' He smiled as he walked over, 'I'm so glad you're okay. You scared us.'
Cas walked over to Sam, his arms wrapped around Sam's torso. He looked so tiny in comparison to Sam, so small and vulnerable. Sam patted Cas' back, returning the hug for a few moments before letting go and allowing Cas to return to Dean.
'Can we go home now?' Cas yawned wearily, 'I'm so tired.'
Sam looked at the police officer, 'I'll talk to the police and meet you two back at home later, okay?' He threw the keys to Dean.
Dean patted Sam on the shoulder as he walked past, helping his sleepy boyfriend to walk straight.
'See you back at home then.' Dean smiled as he shut the door behind him.

Dean helped Cas into the passenger seat of the car, Cas mumbling things under his breath Dean was unable to understand.
After sitting himself in the seat beside Cas, he turned to make sure he was alright.
'I love you, Dean.' He smiled, half opening his eyes and turning his head.
'I love you too, Cas.'