Ahh, Phil Lester

Dan:
The first period bell rings just as I take out my pencil and notebook, ready to at least try and pay attention to the new English teacher. She then walks through the door, a tall woman with short brown hair and a spunky attitude.
She smiles a goofy grin at the class as snickers wash over the students.
"Good morning everyone, how was your summer?" She happily asked the class as most of us groaned at the thought of summer, in school. "Well, don't worry this school year will be an amazing one! My name is Mrs. K and I'm new at this school. I would like to get to know all of you better." The teacher gestures to the class. I hear an obnoxious snicker behind me and turn around to glare at Ty, some boy next to him though elbowed him to make him shut up. Me and the boy made eye contact.
The boy was wearing a black shirt with a leather jacket and black skinny jeans. A lot of black, but, he was quite good looking as well. Before I could observe more of the boys face I realized I was staring and turned around and adverted my attention back to the teacher.
"Now, we will be doing an activity where everyone will say there name, two things they did this summer and their favorite color, alright!" The happiness of the new teacher took Dan back a bit, and the rest of the class. Who could be excited about school, especially the first day back from summer?! "We will start with you," Mrs.K pointed to Dan as she said this "go ahead sweetie." She smiled warmly at Dan as she sat at her wooden desk placed at the front of the room.
"Well," I started to fiddle with the end of my jumpers sleeves under my desk "my name is Daniel Howell, but I prefer to be called Dan. I shopped and took pictures this summer-" I took a breath as I heard Ty whisper something behind him
"I guess he didn't know which section was the boys section then."
I shot another laser beam glare at him before I finished "and my favorite color is pink." I returned the smile back at the nice teacher until, once again I heard an annoying voice behind me.
"Pink is a GIRLS COLOR." Ty said loud enough so that the whole class heard him.
This remark was not uncommon so when he said this I felt like I had trained for this moment. I quickly stood up and swiveled around so that I was standing in front of the jerk. As we made eye contact I said (quite loudly I might add).
"Colors have no gender. Society may try to color code gender but the true geniuses in the world know that the people that try to do that are...what is it...oh yes, as dumb as rocks." The class is silent until the punk boy next to Ty slowly starts to clap, then the group of girls in the back start to clap, and then Mrs.K is clapping and soon everyone is clapping as I give a smirk to Ty and sit down.
"You made a very good point Mr.Howell, well down." Mrs.K congratulates me as we continue the game.
I'm not so intreated in learning what my other classmates did over the summer or, to be honest, what their names even are. So I was just zoning out doodling on the side of my paper, until I heard a voice that caught my attention.
"Hi, my name is Philip Lester, but you can just call me Phil."
I turned around to discover Phil was the boy who had elbowed Ty and had started clapping for me first.
"Over the summer I moved here from California and I really just helped my family un pack and get settled the whole time. My favorite color is black," Phil looked at me with a smile as he continued "but pink is cool too."
A blush grew over my face as the boy and I gazed into each other's eyes until, of course, Ty had to bud in.
"Howell, what are you starring at, aren't you suppose to be focused on me here, not making heart eyes with Lester over there?"
Phil and I looked at him and then back at each other until I turned around. I could fell my face turn a deeper shade of red as the rest of the class continued on with the activity.
~
When the bell finally rang, telling us to make our way to second period I collected my things and neatly placed them into my baby blue book-bag. I looked behind me to find that Phil was starring at me. His eyes seemed concentrated, on me. When our eyes met he quickly diverted his to his book-bag and started to get up. We walked through the door at the same time and smiled at each other, I noticed how perfectly pearly white his teeth were. As I walked to history I couldn't get the boy out of my head. While I was sitting in history class, I caught my self doodling Phil Lester all over my paper.
I'm in trouble, I thought to my self as the teacher droned on about the new year.