Squid Men

The team panted as the last of the squids fell to their knees-that is if they had any- and they fell as well, exhausted.

Jerome smiled, walking to the kitchen.

Mitch fell down, and immediately slept as he touched the soft couch.

"Doods, I think Jerome likes Mitch," Ian whispered, careful not to let their 'senior' hear what they are talking about.

Adam snickered . "I knew it!"

"Why are we even talking about this?" Ty said, emotionless.

"Don't be a spoilsport," Jason giggled.

"Oh, so you're with them?"

"I can hear you!" Jerome shouted from the kitchen. "Stop talking or no water for you!"

Everyone stopped talking, and lay on the floor with a knowing smile. Their emotionless saviour finally broke, to a new guy, as Adam has expected.

@@@

Ant dashed away, panting and gasping. The soles of his feet ached.

He glanced down at the sorcerer on his arms. The brunette is half dead, pale, and breathing lightly. Hood over his face, it covers most of the blood on him.

Ant had no idea when squids became so clever to be able to distinguish them from normal squids, but that's not important now.

Squids are chasing them down, though most of the time he won't be scared,  Ant is worried for Seto, who got sneaked upon.

As he ran into the forest,  he looked around. Looking back, he saw a trail of not-so-intelligent squid men.

They look like humans.

Why?

@@@

"Someone entered the forest, " the voice said, amused.

"More squids?" Adam asked, exasperated. "Why are there so many?"

"Not squids," Brice said.

They all looked at Mitch. The voice within him chuckled.

Jerome grabbed his sword. "Lezzgo,"