The Treasure's Name

As he opened his eyes, he saw the wooden ceiling.

'wood?' he rubbed his eyes, sitting up.

as he looked around the room, he pinched his nose.

It reeks of animal.

a loud shuffling noise caused him to flinch as the bed creaked.

'is...owner...home...?'

He jumped out, looking for an exit. Basic instincts were taught to him before he got caught by those people who called him a "treasure". if you don't know the person, you better run. People at every corner are out to harm you, use you, do anything. "Treasures" are hunted like that, his caretaker said.

He walked slowly to the staircase in the room, peeking down at an angle so nobody could see him.

His eyes widened.

A furry animal stood, humming a catchy tune as he stood by the "furnace"

The "furnace" was emitting fire, which was not good. From his memory, fire could burn down almost anything, a good way to escape from captors if you're wet.

The animal's ears twitched as he watched the machine burn, and he turned back, to the boy's dismay. With a squeak, he quickly ran to the other side of the room, next to the bed.

As he opened the door slowly, he looked out, trying to find an escape route.

But before he could do anything, a furry arm rested on his shoulder.

"Hey," a sound boomed in his right ear.

With a squeak, he jumped.

Turning back, he saw that big hairy creature staring at him.

"You're awake!" He chirped, smiling happily. "Good thing you're not dead!"

Running into the room again, he ran down the stairs and before he could get out of the place, the hairy creature pounced.

"Nope, you're staying here,"

Growling, the boy pulled at the creature's hair. "Off! Want! Go!"

The creature stared at him with wide eyes.

"You don't know how to speak?"

"S-speek?"

The creature sighed.

"The squid army are such scum..."

"S-skumm?"

It sighed again.

"Call me Jerome, boy, what's your name?"

"Neyme?"

He sighed again.

"Oh well, I shall call you..." he placed his hairy finger on his bottom lip. "Oh! I'll call you Mitch!"

He laughed heartily. "I'll bring you to the others tomorrow!"

"You... Neyme... Jerome? "

He smiled. "Yis,"

"Biggums!"

"Uhh..."

"You... biggums!"

The lithe teen clapped gleefully, laughing at the same time, completely forgetting that he should run.