The Next Day

Jerome looked out of the window, admiring the soft glow of the moon. Another day passed without any lead to what the squids are trying to do.

He sighed again.

Glancing over to the boy on his bed, he figured that he should inform the rest about him.

Fishing out his mobile phone, he walked over to his balcony. Within the canopy of leaves was a hole that allowed moonlight to shine through. That was why Jerome loved that balcony.

Punching in the numbers, he waited for anyone to pick up.

"HIiIiIi fluffffehh!!!"

Jerome cringed at the sudden loud voice. "Adam... you're drunk..."

"Mnahh,"

A rustling noise was heard before someone else picked the phone up.

"I'm sorry, Sky is drunk, how may I help you?"

"it's Jerome, and I got another captured victim saved,"

"Oh! Ok that's good!" The man squeaked. "By the way I am Ian, "

Jerome rolled his eyes. "I'm not that stupid,"

A loud laugh boomed in his ear. That addicting laugh made him smile a little, as well.

"Alright! Bring him over dood," he chirped.

"Right. G'night," Jerome then hung up. Walking back into the room, he looked at the boy sleeping.

The covers lay on the ground, unmoving. The boy's mouth open, a little bit of drool falling on the bed.

'He might not have had a good night's sleep since he got caught...'

Walking over to the crafting bench, he took a bunch of wool and wood and made another bed. Placing it beside Mitch, he climbed on and fell into a slumber.

@@@

"Biggums.. up..!"

The boy pulled at his suit, desperately trying to wake the bacca. Jerome just wouldn't budge, merely lying down and snoring away.

The boy pouted. How can he be such a heavy sleeper?!

Walking over to a random water source block in the room, he took a little bit of water in his hands. Tiptoe-ing to the animal, he snickered.

"UP ..!" He screamed, splashing the water on his shiny coat of fur. Jerome screamed, rolling out of bed, landing on his nose.

Mitch laughed gleefully at his misfortune, holding his stomach.

Jerome looked at the boy with a deadpan. How can he have so much energy?

Lying on the floor, he closed his eyes.

"No! Up!"

He was smacked repeatedly on his snout.

Rubbing his nose with one hand, he grabbed the teen with another.

"Let me sleep for a few minutes, or I will kill you,"

Tossing the boy aimlessly to the side, he climbed back on the bed.

The boy looked at him. Crawling over to the animal, he shook him again. "Up!"

Mitch pouted again. That's not fair!

He crawled on top of the animal, making the bed creak with his weight.

The boy studied the animal. No! He's definitely pretending to sleep!

He placed his face a little bit closer. Frowning when he didn't respond, he screamed. "UPPPPPPPPP!!!!"

"I GET IT!"

Jerome pushed him away, running all the way out to the balcony.

Panting, he fell on his knees