The Compromises

June 29, 1890

Blaine paced back and forth waiting for Laverne outside the woods like he had almost every Thursday for the past 5 years. Thinking of Laverne made him heat up. Shaking his head as if to clear it Blaine leaned up against the elm tree and chewed on a twig from the ground. He mused to himself, he was going to be a dad.....only he wasn't going to be able to claim it as his own, that's bullshit!!! Stomping angrily, kicking up dust from the dry ground. He let out a scream just as the earth shook violently, trees were bouncing up and down, the animals were all hollering, the earth was violently revolting. Then thirty seconds later as it began it ended, the stillness not exactly peaceful but quiet.

Shaking dirt from his leather pants Blaine looked up as he heard small footsteps coming from the woods, waiting with a smile expecting Laverne. However Laverne didn't come through the clearing this time but instead, Theracota poked around with a nervous gaze up at him.

Theracota with her stomach ballooned out, her hair curly ringlets falling down gently around her face, blue green eyes peaceful and floating gazes at her things of sight was a beauty, to most but not to Blaine. He only had eyes for his completion, his wolf, his woman. Laverne held him captive with her striking hair of coal, her tanned skin of passion, her voice of authority. Blaine had almost died under her paw but he grew new life , centered on his passion for taming her beast.

Theracota faltered slightly as she got near him but didn't fall, catching her balance back right before she would have tumbled. Speaking softly "Laverne , she's ....its time."

Blaine's eyes glinted with a pent up excitement "take me to her!" He didn't ask he demanded it .

Theracota gulped a swallow slowly, watching Blaine as if he were a snake intent on strangling the life from her softly she said " don't be foolish, our agreement remember"

Blaine laughed wickedly , void of fun, only spurring anger " oh you mean the compromise." Theracota just shook her head as he continued " well I've been thinking bout that, time we made some changes to that little pact where Eamon gets everything" reaching over and holding Theracota's chin up so she had to look directly in his eyes " I never back down or lose ..you know that Thera"

Letting Theracota go Blaine waited no more, racing to the cottage, every step new determination to get things squared away, his way this time. He felt like he floated to the cottage, bust through the door just in time to hear his Babies first cry.

Eamon expected Blaine to burst through the door, if he were honest he was glad he did, this creature was not his. He had always loved Laverne, but not in the way his family wanted, they were buddies not lovers. So when Blaine came through the door he did what he knew he should do, cut the cord of the crying baby, clean up the blood, wrap it up in a soft green blanket and put it in Blaine's arms.

Blaine was shocked, he felt the little bundle of human animal in his hands, such pride and love of which he had not known before ran through him. He felt the wetness behind his eyes but he couldn't believe it, he never cried. Except for now, as he held his future, no longer a witch on his own, looking at Laverne his love, then his offspring, his first child, he now had family, no compromise , none would he agree to now.