Chapter Twenty Five - Turning

They were pretty gobsmacked and I couldn't blame them. It was hard to believe that I had discovered a cousin and a sister both well and alive in the form of Vampires.
I had told them the new plan, and at first, they were skeptic, but with further convincing, it became more believable

I myself wasn't sure that it was going to work, but I needed to believe it was, I needed them to believe it was.
It felt like the only option we had, if not, better than any other we had.
Callum would be helpful through the Witches, and Helena would sacrifice herself temporarily.

I had trouble sleeping that night, all the way through to lunch the next day. I remained on the lounge as Callum lay on the another, Helena having stolen my bed.
It didn't matter where I lay, I wasn't getting sleep anytime soon.

The next night, I would be up against the Witches, Vampires, and terrifyingly, myself.
Sleep was going to evade me, my mind far too preoccupied.

Duke messaged me every five minutes, asking how I was holding up and if there had been any changes. I admired his concern, but I hated feeling like a damsel.
A small part of me was relieved that I wasn't going to be that girl anymore, I wasn't going to be that weak little Cure that everyone needed to protect.

Being a Vampire meant that I would be able to spend an eternity with Duke, and the idea of that, made me excited.

"You talk in your sleep you know?" Callum grumbled, his voice groggy as he stirred on the lounge across from me

"You snore" I retorted like we were at teenage sleepover

"At least I don't talk about my sex life" He rubbed his eyes with a yawn

Immediately, I sat up, my lips slightly parting

"What?" I demanded feeling my cheeks flush

His eyes met mine, a wild smile spreading across his lips

"Im kidding" He grinned childishly  "Everyone has fantasies Rosie, no need to get embarrassed" He shrugged with a chuckle

I felt more uncomfortable.
Callum had no idea about what Duke and I had finally succumbed too, and I wasn't sure I even wanted him to know.

"Yeah, okay" I mumbled, as I lay back down, the suns rays streaming in from the open windows, creating a room of dancing yellow and orange

"Can I ask you something personal Rosie?" Callum gently spoke, settling back on the couch after he stretched

"What?" I asked cautiously, slowly

"Do you ever think about you and me, what could have been?" He asked

I hesitated before answering

"Yes"

"Good or bad?" He continued

"Both"

Silence settled again and the tension grew to unimaginable heights. I let my brain wander and closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep or cut through the tension.
Unfortunately, neither worked and after ten minutes I realised I was being pulled into an uncertain, dark scene, my mind blurring into images of a vivid reality beyond my body.

I was outside of my home, Duke's home.
I was at the end of the pathway when I recognised Kasey. She was standing outside of the door with her hands in front of herself.
She sighed and appeared nervous.

"They won't hurt you, they can't hurt you" Another voice spoke, startling me from the same pathway I was standing on, meters in front of me.

It was Violet.