•• Chapter 14 ••

We both turned to the King and I hoped I heard wrong.

"What did you say?" I asked in a trembling voice and looked confused at the King.

"I can't let you two be together." he repeated himself in a more serious and graver tone.

I turned back to my mate and looked at him, pleading with my eyes for him to say something. I could see the confusion in his eyes and a flame of anger starting to appear. His hold on me started to tighten until it started to be painful. I whimpered and tears started to fall. I hid my face into his chest and prayed for the Gods to change the King's mind.

"We are mates. Unless you wish death on both of us." my mate stated anger clearly coating his words. "Or is it because I'm your enemy?" he stated while caressing my back.

"I won't give one of my people to the King of our life enemy!" roared the King.

King? I looked up to my mate to only see him glaring toward the one who just spoke those words. Ryan Manson, my mate was the King of the Ignis clan? Hope flowed into my mind, he the King spoke the truth, then Ryan had the power to argue right?

"Is that the only reason?" I asked in a weak voice while turning to face the King.

The King stayed silent seeming troubled by my question. So, he did have another reason.

"No, it isn't." the Prince who stayed silent until now, spoke his first words since the meeting started. "There's another reason..." he paused. "A more personal one." he revealed as we all looked at him.

The room stayed silent, waiting for him to continue, but he only walked forward. He walked slowly toward us never looking away from me. When I could only saw him, he stopped and his fingers reached my face, caressing it gently.

"Because I want you." he finally broke the silence.

"I have found my mate!" I argued shocked by his revelation.

"To be yet bound to each other." he answered calmly. "You wouldn't want to mate with our enemy isn't it right? Who know what would happen if you are to mate with this savage." he glared to Ryan. "Plus, if you chose me, I promise I'll do everything in my power to find your father and give you back your wings." he stated with a smile.

I looked at him in confusion. Did the Prince really saw me like that all the time? Was it why he was so kind and considerate with me? I didn't answer with my thoughts in conflict. But when I looked up again to meet the man's eyes, I found nothing more than cold and selfish intents.

"You're wrong on two things..." I started my mind resolved. "First, we have already mated." I stated as his eyes screamed disbelief. "Second, they aren't the savages, you are." I spat.

As if my words weren't enough, he had to tear my shirt apart to only see the mark Ryan and I shared, forever bonding us together. When he seemed to have convinced himself that I wasn't lying, he took a step back and his eyes turned even colder before looking back at the King.

"I seem to have no choice then... I didn't want to say this, but it seems I have no choice." he said as he turned his back to us. "If you'll have accepted my offer, I'll have let the trespassers go, but since we seem to have a disagreement... Ryan Manson shall be executed for trespassing!" as soon as these words left his mouth, all blood drained from my face.

"You'll kill us both! The one who lost his mate will soon follow the same path!" I screamed in anger.

"Not if the one who lost his mate is mated again soon after!" he also answered back angrily.

"If you seek what is mine, I challenge you! The first one to find my mate's father and take him back here alive for his punishment shall have Keith." my mate proposed in a calm, but cold tone. I turned to face my mate with tears already filling my eyes again. "Don't cry my Love, I'll win you. Didn't I promise to always be at your side?" he whispered into my ear as he gave me a hug.

"What if... he do first?" I sobbed. "I can't imagine myself live with him..." I whispered back.

"Trust me." he answered as he looked into my eyes and I nodded. "Your answer?" my mate spoke to the Prince yet again.

"I shall indulge to your game, but if you don't hold to your words, your death will be the price."

"Then everything's concluded. However, Ryan is to stay with me at all time."

"What if you two escape?" interjected the King.

"I shall stay in your house then until one of them find the traitor. However, at night, I want to be with my mate. If you refuse my request and you happen to win, I shall follow my mate to the afterlife with or without your consent." I explained threatening the Prince.

He was obviously against my words, but if he would go this far to have me, he would accept. That was what I hoped.

"Fine, but if I win, you are mine!" he finally answered before leaving the room.

The tension was obvious in the room even when the Prince was absent from it. Soon after, my mate and I exited the room too, to only be escorted into a room. As soon as we were left alone, I felt to my knees and chanted the words "I'm so sorry, everything's my fault".

"No, it is not. Something like that was doomed to happen since we are from different clans." Ryan whispered into my ear with his arms protecting me from the coldness of the night. "Let me hold you until your tears are no more than memory," he gently soothed as he posed soft kiss on my neck.

"Make me forget what happened today..." I whispered back before kissing him.