"wha—" baby face looked at me and frowned, confused. but before he could react, I ripped my hands apart and was free. wasting no time, I swung a large punch at Babyface's face; square in the jaw. rather hard if I do say so myself.

"why you little..." he hesitantly assessed the damage on his jaw as I scurried away, "after her!" the boss hissed, pointing a shaky finger at me. I ran towards the closest table which conveniently had a chair there, one of those heavy fancy ones. men kept coming at me, bigger than me and scary. so I swung the heavy chair as fast as I could, knocking almost all of them down.

but my feat didn't last for long. in a matter of seconds, they all pulled out a weapon I wish they didn't have. guns.

"drop the chair!" the one closest to me yelled, waving the loaded pistol. the other hostages were looking at me intently. I could tell before they were kind of hopeful. but once I got caught and were pushed back towards the pole and tied up, they developed a sense of heroism. if I could escape and take out at least half of their guards, then whose stopping the others from?

so, in only a matter of minutes, all of us hostages had guns in our hands (at least the older people), all pointing them towards Babyface, his back up against the wall. he was the only one standing, as we knocked out all the others.

"what happened to your strong boys Babyface?" I smiled sweetly. a older buffer man went up beside baby face and smacked the pistol against the back of his head. he was out cold. but just as a precaution, we tied him up rather nicely.

and like that, we were the winners. we defeated the bad guys. not the late super heroes, us regular civilians. so as everyone went to regroup and see if they were okay, I was left to guard Babyface, catching my breath. my intention might have been heroic today but my body sure wasn't ready for any more heroism.

once my but hit the ground, there came a loud buzzing noise, like a beetle. from the shadows of the pillars above came out none other than blue beetle himself. the rest of the hostages heard him and everyone burst out into cheers, "it's a super hero!" they all said, "we're saved!"

I sighed slightly in relief but only slightly. this super was incredibly tardy. I suppose it was my slightly disgusted face, but whatever the reason be, blue beetle came straight to me.

I won't lie I was star struck but that wasn't about to affect me... much.

"you're late," i tried to keep my voice straight once the blue beetle has settled himself facing me.

the boy was about the same size as me and had a very attractive yet familiar Spanish accent, "well, didn't seem like you needed help, y/n."

I narrowed my eyes, "you were watching the whole time weren't you?"

"oh shut up!" the boy yelled, looking down.

I blinked, "excuse me?" I looked at him in disgust.

"not you," he frowned, "but yes I was watching you guys. I was here since you guys left harbour, actually, waiting for the right time. in fact, once they raised their guns towards you, my instinct told me to hurry up and help you guys but I saw the looks in the other hostages eyes. your bravery inspired the others to stand up for themselves. like you did. so I decided to leave it to you guys. and that you did," he smiled slightly. very warmly and true, which made my cheeks a bit pink.

"well thanks I guess... I'm not often told I'm brave."

"well get used to it princesa. I'll probably be seeing you a lot more," and with that, he walked away to help the others, asking if there were any injuries or such.

I couldn't help but smile a let out a silent squeal. I just talked and I think flirted with a superhero!! THE blue beetle. no one at school was ever going to believe this, especially not Jamie or Tye.

before I could walk into the crowd, behind me I heard Babyface fidget a little so I turned to look at him. when he saw my attention was on him, he looked up with a very very very amused smile.

he said, "I ship it."

\
/
\

hey guys! hoped you enjoyed that this was really fun to make and I like it a lot.

anywho here's my question, do you guys want me to make this a DC fanfic or just young Justice characters? cause I think that all of DC would give me a wider range for ideas and the different types of personalities would make it more interesting then the same five or seven people over and over again. so thoughts?

I hope you guys enjoyed this! stay amazing!

Isabella xx