"Why didn't you stay in the car?"

"Because I know you, I know when you need someone to talk to."

With his back still faced towards me, he lowers his head and I watch how his brown curls caresses the back of his neck.

"I don't want to talk."

His words are cut short and emotionless, but his voice is soft...

I then reach out for him, with a bit of fear, as I place my hand onto his muscular back and I feel how his body tenses.

"I know you hate me, still... But I'm here for you. I don't want you to hate me forever, especially considering all that we've been through."

He turns his head to the side, showing off his profile as I watch how he watches me through the corner of his eyes before turning around to face me completely.

His stare is hard and he looks like he has a lot to say, so I wait.

(Start song)

"Why are you here?" I frown at his words as soon as he says it. "Why are you trying to help me? What... What sick plan do you have cooked up in that twisted mind of yours?"

I was beginning to get offended by the words that he was spitting at me as I take a step forward and he watches me with that intense gaze.

"Just because I did bad in the past, doesn't mean that I can't change... Just like you." As soon as I said those words, his hard gaze turns soft and he gulps down before his eyes lowers. "Is this the way to treat someone who's trying to help you? What if I'm just doing this out of the good in me that you don't know about? What if I'm doing this because... Because I still love you?!" 

I was taken aback by my own words as his eyes falls onto me once more, but they're softer and his pink lips goes slightly agape at my words. 

I look down and try to let this moment sink in as the both of us stand in silence once more...

Suddenly, a noise was heard in the forests which took me by surprise and I turn around and took a step back, causing me to bump into Harry, who held me in place by my upper arms.

"What was that?"

I look around in fear, but that's when Harry spoke up.

"It's just a bird."

He mentions as I look up and see the black bird fly overhead and I feel slightly embarrassed.

"Oh..."

I let it out as I look down at Harry's contact on my arm and he must have realized it too, so he let go.

Slowly, I turn around to face him as I stare into those bright green eyes as he looks as though he has something to say, but stays quiet.

"I wish I could have loved you better back then... Paige is lucky to have you."

"No," He shakes his head before his lips forms into a tight line. "I'm lucky to have her."

I pretend that it doesn't affect me as I give him a small smile.

I turn around as I was about to make my way into the car, but then I hear how Harry calls out.

"Madison?" I turn to face him and hope forms inside of me as he breathes in deeply before speaking up. "I guess you're right... Maybe people can change."

This time I smile fully at him as he gives me a half smile that lets a dimple form on his left cheek before playing with the phone in his hand that I hadn't noticed earlier.