87. Raised The Right Way?

Killian's POV

I walk back to Emma as Colin sneezes. "Oh," Emma says, pulling her back a bit. She sneezes again. "Goodness." She smiles.

"Sound like she's getting the flu." My mother says, placing her hand on Colin's forehead.

"How would you know?" Emma asks.

"Killian used to have the flu all the time when he was a baby, and it always started out with sneezing."

"Awe!" She smiles at me. I roll my eyes. She giggles and turns back to my mother. "Was it bad?" She asks worriedly.

"He got it a lot; that's why he has such a raspy voice now." She gestures to me. "But he would be sick for a few days and then he would get better." She shrugs.

"Oh, okay." Emma says, looking at Colin as she rubs her eyes and coughs.

"Do you want me to go get some medicine?" I ask, placing my hand on her hip.

"You don't have too, we can get it later."

"No, I want her to get better." I kiss her forehead.

"Well, if you really want too..." She shrugs. I chuckle and look down to Colin. She starts to cry. "Shh, it's okay, baby." Emma rocks her. "Daddy's going to make it all better." I kiss her and then Colin's forehead. She pulls me back to her lips. She sighs into me, letting my lips linger a moment longer, I pull away. My mother smiles at us. I grin and rest my forehead against Emma's.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." I peck her lips and grab my jacket. I walk back to them and kiss Colin's head. "Be good, little love." I wrap my arm around Emma's waist, and kiss her passionately. She moans into me, but we don't keep it too long, considering there are other people in the room. "Bye," I say.

"Okay, be safe." She says as walk away from her.

"I will." I put my jacket on and walk out the door.

Emma's POV

Killian leaves and Colin starts to cry uncontrollably. "Shh, shh, shh," I try to rock her, but she squirms. "Colin," I sigh, trying to comfort her. "I- I don't know what to do with her." I look at Evie, asking for help.

"It's okay, Emma, just calm down, okay?" She puts her hand on my shoulder.

"She's always had a little cold or something, but never something like this. I've never taken care of a sick baby before."

"Emma, darling, calm down." She says seriously but gently. "I've had two baby boy's, just calm down and I can show you what to do, okay?" She says with her thick accent. I nod and look back to my crying daughter. "Okay, she's running a fever so keep her cool, and keep her calm." I nod. I try to mae her as comfortable as possible. I turn the air down and cradle her. "There we go." She starts to calm down.

"Hey, baby, it's okay." I coo. She looks up at me with her big, bright, blue, eyes. I smile and sit on the couch with a cold bottle of milk. "Shh, everything is going to be just fine." I whisper to her. "Daddy will be back soon with your medicine and you'll all feel better." I smile. She finishes her bottle. She cries a bit as I lay her against my legs. "You don't feel so good, huh?" I tickle her belly, getting a giggle out of her.

"But Mummy can make it all better." Evie says. I smile and continue playing with Colin. "Mummy makes everything better." She smiles.

"What was Killian like?" I ask.

"We'll see you ladies later." Brennan says as he leads Liam out of the room.

"Oh, my." I laugh. "Where do I begin." She chuckles. "He was a quiet baby for the most part, but when he was crying, god he had some lunges." I giggle. "Before he was born we couldn't tell what gender he was because of the way he was positioned, so when he was born, he was a complete surprise."