34. Moving Wonders

Two Weeks Later

Emma's POV

Today is moving day. Killian and I couldn't be more excited. We found the perfect apartment for us. It has a high-end look to it but it's a great price. We have a ton of help today including: Brennan, Liam, David, Robin, and August. Ruby's coming to help, but we'll probably just end up talking. Killian has 'insisted' that I take the day off and leave it to the men, but as usual, I'm stubborn, so I'm not going to listen.

"Hey, beautiful." Arms come around my waist from behind. "You ready to move?" He smiles against my neck.

"Yes, and no at the same time." I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck.

"And why is that?" He smirks.

"Because, honestly, I'm going to miss this place." I let go of him and look down. "All our memories are here."

"Hey," he tilts my chin up. "I'm going to miss it too, but we're going to make new memories, and we'll treasure the ones we've already made here." He smiles.

"I know, and I couldn't be more thrilled about that, but... it just feels like I'm leaving something behind." I sigh and run my fingers across the top of a box.

"I know, sweetheart." He kisses my neck.

"Come on, love birds, and help us." Liam complains.

"We're trying to have a moment, brother." Killian says, with a irritated tone.

"Save your moment for later, and get your lazy asses over here." Killian rolls his eyes.

"You're not the one who plays football." Killian mumbles under his breath.

"Technically you don't play football, babe." I smile.

"Well, I'm going to start again."

"Really?" I smile.

"Mmm hmm." I kiss him.

"That's awesome!" I jump up and down. killian laughs. "I know how much you loved it." He smiles.

"Yeah, I did." His smile disappears.

"Hey, don't worry about it, all that in the past now, let's just worry about the future, okay?" I tilt his chin up. He smiles which makes me smile.

"Come on." He takes my hand.

_________________________________________________________________

We get everything loaded into the moving truck and drive to the new apartment complex. Moving the furniture is difficult because our place is on the fourth floor.

"You couldn't have picked a lower apartment." Liam complains.

"Just wait 'till you see it." Killian smiles as he opens the door.

"Wow," Liam says.

"Told you."

"Can I stay with you guys?" Liam jokes. I laugh and wrap my arm around Killian's waist. He puts his arm around my shoulders and kisses my head. I lean against his side and tuck my head in the crook if his neck. He smiles and lays his cheek on top of my head.

Everyone starts moving boxes and bringing them to the apartment. Killian smiles at me every time our eyes meet. I let my hair fall over my face too hide my blush. "Where do you want these, Emma?" Red asks, pulling out old pictures.

"Um... put them by the frames."

"Kay," she walks off and puts them down. "You're new place is amazing." She smiles in awe.

"Thanks. Killian found it and said that we had to take a look at it."

"Well, he did good."

"That he did. Hey, have you talked to David about Mary Margaret?" I ask.

"No, not yet."

"I'll ask him when they take a break." The boys walk in with more boxes and furniture. They all sit down. I give them each a water bottle.

"Thanks, love." Killian says, out of breath.

"You're welcome." I lean down and kiss him. "I'll be right back. I need to talk to David." He grabs my wrist as I walk away. I turn around.

"Is something wrong?" He asks, tilting his head.

"No, I just want to talk to him about Mary Margaret, I haven't seen her in awhile and I'm getting worried about her."

"Okay," he kisses my forehead. I walk to David.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, of course." He stands up. We walk behind a wall. "What's up?"

"I was just wondering about Mary Margaret. I haven't seen her in forever, and I'm getting worried."

"Look, she asked me not to tell you this, so please don't tell her that I told you." He begs. "She feels too guilty." He looks down.

"What do you mean?" I ask, utterly confused.

"She feels to guilty because of what happened to you."

"What? When I was drunk?"

"Yeah,"

"Why would she feel guilty? We were all drunk. We had no idea what we were doing. I need to see her." I sigh rubbing my temples.

"She really needs to know if wasn't her fault. She's beating herself up about it."

"Is she at your place?" I ask.

"Yeah," I walk away from him and grab my jacket.

"Woah, woah, whoah." Killian says, running up to me. "Where are you going?" He grabs my arm.

"I need to see Mary Margaret. I'll be back soon." I kiss his cheek and leave. I run down to the lobby and get in my car.

_________________________________________________________________

I pull up to David's place. I get out of my car and run to the door. I knock and wait for her to answer. "Come on, Mary Margaret, open up. We need to talk." She finally opens the door with a guilty face. I pull her into my arms.

"I'm sorry, Emma. I'm so, so sorry." She cries. I pull back.

"Mary, it wasn't your fault, we were all drunk. I don't blame you for what happened."

"I feel responsible."

"Don't. It's okay. I just want my friend back."

"Me too." I hug her again.

"Now, why would you feel it was your fault?" We sit down on the steps on the porch.

"We were supposed to look our for each other, and who knows what could have happened to you if Killian hadn't come get you."

"Mary, we were drunk. All of our responsibilities flew out the window. You're right, I don't know what happened, or how I got to Dublin, but all I know is I'm safe and back home. The only thing I want is to have my friend back." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I missed you, Emma." She cries.

"I missed you too." I hug her. "Hey, why don't you come by my new apartment." I smile and stand up.

"I don't know..." she looks down.

"Come on, I miss hanging out."

"Alright, fine." She giggles and stands up. "How is Killian?" We walk towards my car.

"He's doing great." I smile.

"What about you?"

"Better than ever."