33. "Annual Family Beach Day"

________________________One Week Later________________________

I place two bikinis on my bed trying to decide which to wear to Killian's 'annual family beach day' as he calls it. He walks into the room from the bathroom. "Which one?" I ask, holding them up.

"You would look amazing in either." He kisses my cheek. I roll my eyes.

"That doesn't help."

"Sorry, love, but I don't know anything about fashion." He chuckles as he walks to the kitchen.

"I don't care about fashion. I'm asking you which you like better." I hold them up again.

"Oh," he walks back to me and inspects each one. "I like this one." He takes it out of my hand. "But you would look amazing in both of them." I blush.

"You're sweet." I smile.

"I know." He kisses my temple.

_________________________________________________________________

We arrive at the beach where Killian's parents are already at. Liam pulls up next to us, just as we're getting out. Ruby hops out and hugs me. We get our stuff out and walk across the sand towards their parents. "Ah! There you are." Brennan chuckles.

"Sorry, we're late." Killian says putting our stuff down.

"It's alright," he pats his back. "Oh, I brought you boys' surfboards."

"Thanks, Papa." Liam and Killian say at the same time.

"You can surf?" I ask.

"Aye, you didn't know?" He raises his eyebrow.

"You're just full of surprises, aren't you?" I smile and put my hands on his sides.

"You have no idea." I giggle.

"Killian, want to go surf?" Liam asks.

"Aye, just a minute." He turns back to me. He put his hands to my cheeks, bringing me in for a soft kiss. "Do you mind if I go?" He asks, sweetly.

"Go have fun, lover boy." I wrap my arms loosely around his shoulders. He smiles and kisses me again.

"Thanks." He dashes off to get his board along with Liam. Red and I both quietly laugh. We lay our blankets beside each other and sit down.

"So..." she starts. "How are you?"

"I'm really good, how about you?"

"Never better." We both look out across the water as Killian and Liam swim out.

"Have you seen Mary Margaret around? I've tried calling her, but she won't answer, which is really weird."

"No, I haven't now that you mention it. I've seen David around, but no Mary Margaret." She knits her eyebrows together is confusion.

"That's so strange." I say to myself.

"I'll ask David next time I see him."

"Great. Call me and tell me what he says, or if we're together, tell me then." I laugh.

"Will do." She laughs. We look back to the water as Killian catches a wave.

"Did you know he could surf- that they could surf?"

"No, I didn't. These guys are just full of surprises." She giggles.

"That is for sure." I agree. Killian sprays Liam with water as he rides by.

"Sibling rivalry." We laugh. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Evie and Brennan looking at us like we're apart of their family. I smile to myself and go back to watching Killian.