54. Pushed Away By The One You Love Most

One Week Later

Emma's POV

Killian has been really distracted since he got the call for a label. He's been spending all his time, except for work, working on a song to wow the label.

I feel like I don't exist anymore.

"Killian?" I ask, walking into our apartment. "Killian?" I ask again. I sigh and put my bag onto the counter. I walk up the stairs and see him working on our bed, his guitar next to him and a notepad in his lap. He suddenly throws the notepad across the room, almost hitting me. "Woah!" He falls back onto the bed and rubs his eyes. "Well, don't worry about me, I'm fine." I say with sass. He doesn't move.

"Shut up, Swan!" He says with frustration in his voice. Tears form in my eyes.

"I don't even know why I came home. If you're going to treat my like this because of your job, then I don't want any part of it." I cry and grab a suitcase. I pack the things I need and walk down the stairs. I grab a note with tears almost spilling over. I write down a note for him with my vision blured. A tear slips from my eye and lands on the note. I grab Ginger and slam the door.

Three Hours Later

Killian's POV

I finally get off the bed and walk down stairs. "Swan?" I call for her. "Emma?" I continue looking. I look to the counter and see a note. I run to it and read it.

'I can't be treated the way you've been treating me. I thought you were different, I really did, but I was wrong, and I'm sorry I wasted two years of your life. Goodbye, Killian.'

Your former love Emma,

I see a wet spot on the paper. I grab my bag and run out the door. I pass Liam and my parents. "Killian!" They call after me. I keep running. I make it to the staircase. I don't stop running 'til I make it to my car. "Killian!" I turn around and see Liam running up to me. "Where are you going?" He asks, out of breath.

"Emma's gone. I yelled at her and now she's gone." I put my head in my hands.

"Well, let's go get her back." He hops in on the passengers side.

"Liam," I sigh and get in.

"We're getting your girl back." He pats my shoulder. I give a small smile. "Where is she?"

"I don't know. But I'm not going to stop until we find her."

"That's the Jones spirit." He chuckles.

Emma's POV

I drive to a motel in Dublin and sign in. I take my bag and Ginger up to my room and lock the door, turning the sign to 'do not disturb'.

I crawl into the bed. Ginger snuggles against my chest and licks my hand, almost telling me that it will be okay, but how? How can it be okay? I just broke up with the love of my life, how can anything possibly be okay?

With the thought of my lost love lingering in my mind, I slowly drift off to sleep, hoping to be home when I awake.

Dream

"Swan," he repeats with a smile. "Nice to meet you, Swan. Now that we are properly introduced, we are no longer strangers." He kisses my hand and smiles. A small blush creeps onto my cheeks. He chuckles and pulls back to his original position.

"May I ask who your brother is?" I say politely.

"Aye, Liam Jones." He smiles proudly.

"Liam Jones as in, the finest Captain Misthaven has ever seen?" I stand in awe.