41. Visiting Hours

One Day Later

Emma's POV

"Sweetheart?" I hear from downstairs. I get up from my place on the bed and walk down the stairs.

"Hey," I jump on him, wrapping my legs around his waist. He backs up against the wall and smashes his lips to mine. I kiss him roughly. He lets me down.

"Well, that was a wonderful welcome home present." He smiles.

"Well, what did you expect after being gone all day." I wrap my arms around his neck. He shrugs.

"I could get used to that." He presses his nose against mine.

"Good." I kiss his nose. He chuckles.

"Well, I brought a snack from work."

"Ooo," I take his hand and go to the kitchen. "What did you bring?" I bite my lip.

"Shrimp." He takes it out of a paper bag.

"Yummy." He smiles and takes two plates out of the cabinets. I hop up on the counter beside him as he sets the plates down. He puts the shrimp on the plates and steps between my legs.

"There's a catch." He smirks.

"And what would that be?" I smile and run my hands across his shoulders.

"If you want this," he holds up the plate. "You're going to have to kiss me for it." He continues to smirk.

"Ooo, a double win." I put my hands in his hair and bring his lips to mine. He puts his hands on my hips as we continue to kiss. It gets more heated as his lips move down to my sweet spot where my neck meets my jaw. I moan, urging him on. "Killian." I moan. He chuckles and sucks on my skin, that's sure to leave a hickie. "Babe, I'm hungry." I giggle.

"Me too." I can feel his smile.

"Stop that, you idiot." I hit his shoulder, laughing. He pulls back and places a kiss to my lips.

"You have earned this many times over." He smiles and hands me the plate.

"Good." I kiss him and hop off the counter. I walk towards the stairs. He follows with his plate in hand. We walk up to our room and sit down on the bed. I turn on the t.v. "Do you think I should get a job?" I ask, laying against his chest.

"No," I look up at him.

"Why?"

"Because all you need to worry about are your grades. I can handle the income." He kisses my forehead.

"I don't want to be useless, and I don't want you to work for everything." I turn around to face him. "Plus, you have school too."

"Swan," he sets his plate down on the side table. "You are not useless. I never want you thinking that ever again, alright?" He puts his hands to my cheeks. "Okay?" I nod. "And, Emma, I only have one more year of school, I can balance work as well." He gives a smile.

"I just don't want you to over-work yourself." I avoid his eyes.

"I'm not sweetheart."

One Day Later

I walk into a beautiful restaurant. I see Killian walking to a table with a tray of food in his hand. He puts down the food and walks behind a counter. I walk to the counter as his back faces me. "Hey, stranger." I put my arms on the counter. He turns around. As he sees me, a smile forms on his lips.

"What are you doing here, love?" He pours a drink.

"Just came to visit my boyfriend." He leans over the counter and kisses me. He pulls back and gives me a drink.

"Don't tell anyone." He whispers.

"Wouldn't dream of it." I smile and kiss his cheek.

"Get back to work, Jones!" Someone yells at him.

"Sorry, love. Duty calls." He kisses my forehead. "I only have a half an hour left on my shift. Wait for me?" He smiles.

"I'll be here." I smile.

"Don't go anywhere." He says as he starts to walk away.

"I'm not, now get to work, Jones." I giggle. He smiles and walks to the back.

_________________________________________________________________

I feel a tap on my shoulder I turn my head and see Jefferson. I scowl at him. "What do you want, Jefferson?" I ask coldly.

"What's a girl like you, doing in a place like this?" He sits on the stool next to me.

"Go away." I take a sip of my drink.

"I'm not going anywhere." He grabs me and kisses me. I try to push him off but he holds me in. Someone pushes him off of my with brute force.

"What the hell, mate!" Killian yells. He gets up and scuries out of the restaurant. Killian turns towards me. "Did he hurt you? Touch you?" He scans me from head to toe. I wipe my mouth.

"I'm fine."

"I'll kill him." He says under his breath.

"Let's just go home." I hop off the stoll and walk towards the door. Killian runs up to me and grabs my arm once we're out of the restaurant.

"What's bothering you, Swan?" He steps in front of me. His face changes to concern once he sees my tears. "Why are you crying, Emma?" He puts his hands to my cheeks.

"I'm so tired of dealing with him. He makes me feel scared and vulnerable, and there's nothing I can do about it." He pulls me into his arms.

"I'm here, Swan, and I won't let him near you again. I can take this up with the school board and-" I pull away from his shoulder.

"No, Killian, that won't fix anything. He'll just come after me at home, and everywhere else, and I can't deal with that." I cry.

"I want to help you, Swan, but you need to let me." He puts his hands on my arms.

"I'm trying." He kisses me softly. "I still have so many walls, and I'm trying so hard to let you in, but the pain of my past is so great that it makes it almost impossible." I break down in tears. He pulls me to him.

"Emma, In time, my love, I will break down your walls even if it takes me the rest of my life.