30. Jones To The Rescue

Emma's POV

Killian and I go our separate ways for school. I kiss him goodbye and run to my first class. All goes well until after lunch.

I walk down the hall as I'm pulled into a corner. I see Jefferson staring at me with a wicked smirk on his face. "So, Emma, how did your parents deal with you being sick- oh, wait, that's right, you don't have any." Tears gather in my eyes as he takes a step closer to me. "You'll never be worth anything, so don't think your pretty boy boyfriend will be with you forever. It's just a matter of time before he leaves you." With that last sentence sung, stinging my ears, my fist collides with his nose, causing a steady stream of blood to follow and cuts to appear on my knuckles.

I step back and look at my hand. I leave Jefferson and continue on with my day.

_________________________________________________________________

I walk through the door of our dorm and see Killian standing in the kitchen. "Hey, beautiful. How was school?" He asks, walking over to me.

"Same old, same old." I wrap my arms around his neck as he puts his hands on my hips.

"Well, I guess that's a good thing." He smiles. I stand on my tip toes and kiss him softly. He kisses back with a smile plastered across his rough features. "Made dinner if you're hungry." He backs away from me and walks to the kitchen.

"Famished." I follow. I wrap my arms around his waist from behind. I lay my head on his back and close my eyes, just holding him close. I can feel the smile dancing across his lips.

He turns around so our fronts are pressed together. "For the lady." He holds out a plate of food.

"Thank you, kind sir." I play along. He chuckles. I place the plate on the table and walk to my dresser. I pull out a red sweater. I change and walk back to the table where Killian has already sit down. I sit across from him and we both start to eat. The sleeve to the sweater rides up my hand, revealing my cut knuckles.

Killian stops eating. "Swan, what happened?" He gets up and walks over to me. I pull the sleeve down.

"Nothing," I look down.

"Don't you dare lie to me." He says sternly. I look down. "Emma, tell me what happened." He squats down. "Please," he says softly.

"Jefferson." He sighs.

"He did this to you?" He takes my hand.

"Not exactly... He... he said some things about my parents and you abandoning me, and well, I might have punched him." I hesitantly look at him. A huge smile plays across his face. I look at him with a confused expression.

"That's my girl." He says proudly. I bite my lip and smile. I look down as my hair falls in front of my face. He tucks a strand behind my ear and leans up and kisses my softly. It slowly becomes more passionate. I smile and put my hands in his hair, holding him in. He tries to pull back but I keep kissing him. I stand up. He presses me against the wall. I giggle which breaks it. He smiles as I open my eyes. He puts his forehead to mine and takes my cut hand. He brings it to his lips and gently kisses it. I smile.

I pull him towards his bed. He raises his eyebrow at me. "Stop that!" I hit his arm. He just smiles. I roll my eyes and sit on the edge.

"Come here." He holds out his hand once again. I take it and stand up. He walks to the couch and sits down. He pats his lap, signaling for me to sit. I do as he says and sit in his lap. I lay my head on his shoulder and melt into him. He wraps his arms around me and turns on the t.v. I close my eyes and block out everything except him. He kisses my hair. I can feel his smile against my skin. I smile and slowly fall asleep with the scent of my lover lingering around the cozy dorm. Hope of a happy life lives in the walls of this home, along with love filled hearts.