24. Transferring To London

________________________One Week Later________________________

Emma's health has decreased exponentially. She isn't herself anymore. She's still in the hospital, which tears me apart when I have to leave her for school. Today their transferring her to a hospital in London. I'm going with her.

"Hey, beautiful." I say, walking into her room as they prepare to move her.

"Hey," she manages a small smile.

"How's my girl this morning?" I kiss her forehead.

"I've been better." She intertwines our fingers. "But I'm glad you're here." She looks up at me.

"Of course, my love." I brush her hair out of her eyes. She gives a weak smile.

"Alright, Ms. Swan, we're going to move you. Will you?" She asks me to pick her up.

"Of course," I carefully pick her up and place her on a moveable bed. She groans. "I'm sorry." I whisper to her. She closes her eyes. "You alright?" I ask, brushing her hair. She simply nods. I kiss her forehead and pull the blankets up to her waist. They wheel her out. I walk beside her bed with my hand in hers. All out friends and family are here. They stop her so she can say goodbye.

"Hello, sweetheart." My mother says.

"Hey," she says weakly.

"Please get better soon and come back here."

"I'll try." They all say goodbye. They load her into the helicopter. I say goodbye to my parents and Liam.

"Come home soon." My mother hugs me.

"As soon as Emma's better."

"Be safe, baby." She whispers. I pull back. Liam walks up to me.

"Make sure my future sister-in-law is okay." He pats my back. I laugh.

"Make sure she's safe." My father says.

"I will." I hug them all once more before running to the helicopter. I sit next to Emma's bed as they close the doors. It takes off. I take Emma's hand and bring it to my lips. She gives a small smile.

"It's okay," she says with a horse voice. "I'm going to be fine." I look up at her with tears in my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I wipe them away. "I'm the one who should be saying it's going to be okay."

"Killian, baby, it's alright. You can be scared." She says sweetly.

_________________________________________________________________

We land in London just an hour later. I carefully wake Emma. "Sweetheart," I whisper. She starts to stir. "We're here." I say softly. She opens her eyes. "We made it."

"Already?" She asks, looking around.

"Aye," the doors to the helicopter open and they take Emma out. I walk along her side with our fingers intertwined. They bring her into the hospital and roll her into a room.

"Sir, we need to do some tests and you can't be in here."

"No, she needs me." I try to push past him.

"Killian," Emma holds out her hand for me. I try to push past him again.

"I can't let you in there."

"She needs me, so if you don't back off I'm going to make you." He backs off. I take Emma's hand and stand beside her bed. "How are you feeling?" I ask, trying to distract her while they take her blood.

"A bit better now that I got a little bit of sleep." She gives a weak smile.

"Good." I kiss her forehead.

_________________________________________________________________

They get her all settled into her new room. They get her I.v. put in. They take another sample of blood. "Okay, you're going to become very drowsy and possibly dizzy, so just stay in bed." The nurse says. Emma nods. Five minutes later the medicine starts to take effect.

"Woah," she puts her hand to her head. I get up from my seat and sit on the edge of her bed. I make her lie down. "Mmm," she holds her head in her hands. I lie down next to her and pull her into my arms. She moans every now and then, because of the dizziness.

"Are you okay, love?" I ask.

"Yeah," she simply says. I hold her tightly as she soon relaxes.

"Swan, you need to take a shower or bath. It's not healthy not too." She looks up at me.

"I don't feel like it, Killian, I would but I just don't feel well."

"I'll help you, if you want." I say not in a seductive tone.

"I don't know." She twiddes with her fingers.

"Hey," I tilt her chin up. "I'm not going to try anything. You're sick and all I want to do is help, nothing more." She hesitantly nods.

"Can you stand?" I ask. I help her slide her legs over the side of the bed. She looks at me with a scared expression. "Don't worry, I'm right here to catch you." I take her hands and help her stand. She collapses into my arms. "I got you, I got you." I pick her up. I carry her to the bathroom and sit her down on the toilet. I walk back and grab her I.V. bag. I turn on the water. I get on my knees and turn to her. "You can leave your underclothes on if it makes you feel more comfortable." She nods. I stand up and stand to the side of her. I move her hair away from her back and start to unite the straps of the hospital gown. She tenses up. I finish uniting them and walk back to face her.

"I'm sorry I keep tensing up." She cries.

"Hey, it's alright, Swan." I say sweetly. "It's a new thing, and I know it's hard, but I promise, all I want to do is help you get clean, okay?" I wipe away her tears. She gives a small smile. "Do you want me too...?" She nods. I reach up and take the gown off of her arms, so she just her underclothes. I set it aside on the counter and walk back to her. She hugs herself in the cold air. I turn off the water. "Ready?" She nods again. I carefully pick her up and place her in the water.

Goosebumps crawl up her spine as she touches the warm water. She sinks into the water, allowing it to roll over her. I sit on the floor with my arms on the side of the tub and my head resting in them. "Come here, love. Let me do your hair." She sits up so her back faces me. I sit on the side of the tub. I get the shampoo in my hand and put it in her hair. She sighs as I massage her head. "Feel good?" I smile.

"Very," she mumbles. I chuckle.

"Alright, lay back." She does as she's told and lays back in the water. I get it all out of her hair.

We finish her bath. I help her up and set her on the toilet. I grab a towel and wrap it around her shoulders. I grab her hospital gown. "Can I wear some of your clothes?" She asks looking up at me with a look I can't resist. "It will help me take my mind off of things."

"Of course, love." I kiss her forehead and walk to my suitcase. I grab a shirt and a pair of my boxers. I walk back to Emma as she lightly dries herself off. I help her get dressed and carry her back to bed.

"Can you pull my hair up?"

"Aye," I take a hair elastic from her wrist and tie her hair into a ponytail. "Do you feel any better?" I ask, sitting next to her.

"Yeah, I do." She lays her head on my chest. "I'm glad you're here, Killian." She says softly.

"Did you think I would have let you go alone?"

"No, but I'm just glad I don't have to face this alone." I intertwine our fingers.

"You never have to face anything alone ever again." I kiss her head.