25. Confidential Information

Killian's POV

I stroke Emma's hair as she slowly falls asleep. I smile at my sleeping Swan. My phone start to vibrate on the table next to me. I carefully get out of bed, trying not to wake Emma. I grab my phone and look at the caller I.D. blocked. I walk into the hallway and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Jones, it's Jeff."

"What the hell do you want!?"

"Well, I heard what happened to Emma, and I just wanted to say that it's a shame that she doesn't have a family to go home too, or Neal to come help her."

"Wait, who the hell is Neal?"

"What? You mean she didn't tell you?" I can feel the smirk in his voice.

"Who is he?"

"Well, that's confidential information."

"Whatever, she'll tell me on her own time." I hear Emma calling for me.

"I wouldn't count on that."

I hang up and walk back into the room. "Hey, sweetheart. I'm right here." I kiss her.

"You scared me."

"I'm sorry. I was just taking a call." I kiss her forehead. "How are you feeling?" I put my hand to her forehead. She shrugs. I get in the bed with her. I look into her eyes as tears fall from them. "What's wrong?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm scared, Killian." I pull her to my chest.

"Shh," I say soothingly. "It's okay, you're going to be okay, my love." She shakes her head.

"No, I'm not-"

"Don't, Swan." I say, squeezing my eyes shut. "Don't speak like that. The moment you stop believing in hope, is the moment you give up. I have yet to see you fail and I'm with you every step of the way." I hold her tightly. I let her cry into my chest. "It's okay," I say sweetly.

________________________One Week Later________________________

Emma's extremely sick. She's barley holding on by a thread. She tries to hide it, but I see behind it. They moved her to the I.C.U. She's been receiving treatment for the past week, but her body doesn't seem to react to it. I haven't given up hope that my Swan will come back to me.

I sit in a chair by Emma's bedside. "Hey," I look up and see Emma starting to wake up.

"Hey," I stand up and stroke her cheek. She manages a small, weak smile."How are you feeling?"

"A bit better." She takes my hand in hers.

"Good." I kiss her forehead. My phone vibrates in my pocket. I take it out and look at the caller I.D. it's my mother. "I need to take this, love."

"Okay," I kiss her softly.

"I'll be right back." She nods. I give a small smile and walk out into the hallway. I answer it.

"Hey, Mum."

"Hey, sweetheart. How is she?"

I slide down the wall as tears start to fall.

"She's not good, Mum." I cry.

"She's going to okay."

"You should see her. It breaks my heart to see my Swan sick, and for me to be able to do absolutely nothing about it."