28. Infernal Joy

Killian's POV

I wake with my Swan sleeping on my chest. I hold her close while she peacefully sleeps. She sighs and opens her eyes. "Hey," she sits up. I do the same. She rubs her eyes and lays her forehead on my shoulder. I smile down at her and rub her back.

"How are you feeling?" I brush her hair our of her face as she keeps it on my shoulder.

"I actually feel a lot better." She says with a horse voice. I pull her away from my shoulder and press my hand to her forehead. She doesn't feel as hot.

"Aye, you don't feel as hot."

"What?" She pretends to be sad. "I thought you thought I was hot." She pouts.

"You are." I grab her and bring her into my lap. "Now stop pouting you big baby." I kiss her. Her hand goes it my hair and the other on my neck. I put my hand on her thigh and the other on her back. She smiles. I kiss her harder before someone clears their throat from behind us. We break the kiss and I look over my shoulder. I see Liam with a smirk on his face. I smile at him and Emma blushes madly. She buries her face in my shoulder.

"I think it is so funny that whenever you two start kissing without any notion too where you are," Liam says."And you get caught, Emma, you just blush and try to hide, but you, Killian, just look smug as hell." I give him a big grin and Emma just buries herself deeper into my shoulder. I chuckle. I can feel her smiling. I pull her closer. She stays in my lap and lightly puts her hands on my sides. I kiss her temple and close my eyes, completely content right here. There's a knock on the door. "Come in." Liam says. Emma stays in my arms as the doctor walks in.

"And how is my favorite patient today?" He asks, pulling up a chair.

"You say that to everyone." She says, laughing a little.

"Well, I mean it when I see you." He smiles. "Alright, let's check your heart." He stands up. "You can stay where you are. Can you move your shirt?" She moves her shirt to expose more of her chest. I hold her as he puts the stethoscope to her heart. "Deep breath." She takes a deep breath. I put my hand on her back and kiss her temple. "Good." He sits back down. She covers her chest. I take her hand from around her shoulders. "Well, we need to do some tests today to see how your fever is progressing. "I would love to let you come with her, but the policies of the hospital doesn't allow it unless you're immanent family." He says to me. I nod. He gets up and leaves.

"Will you be okay with going alone, Swan?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." He kisses my cheek. She lays her head on my shoulder and continues to sit with me.

_________________________________________________________________

I sit in the lobby waiting for Emma to get out of her tests. The door opens and they wheel her out in a wheelchair. I hop up and go to her. "How did it go?" I ask her.

"I'm not sure. They didn't tell me anything." I lean down and kiss her softly.

"I'll take her." I say to the nurse. She gives a small smile in understanding. "I'll ask about it later." I kiss her head. She lays her head in the palm of her hand. "Are you alright?" I ask, rolling her back to her room.

"Yeah, just tired." She yawns. "The tests always wipe me out." She wipes her eyes.

"Let's get you too bed." I push her into her room.

"Where's Liam?" She asks sleepily.

"Just taking a call." I carefully pick her up and place her on the bed. I pull the blankets up to her hips. She sits up against the headboard. "Are you hungry?" I ask.