82. Our (Not) So Perfect Family

Emma's POV

I wake up in a dizzy state. "Hey. Sweetheart." I hear a familiar voice say. I look to my right and see Killian looking at me with a big smile. "How are you feeling?" He strokes my hair.

"Where's the baby?" I ask groggily. "Is the baby okay?" I try to open my eyes a bit more.

"Would you like to meet our daughter?" He smiles and bites his lips.

"Our daughter?" I sit up with a groan. He stands up from his chair and walks to a small bed. He picks up a little baby wrapped in a pink blanket. He smiles and coos to her. She wiggles around in his arms. His family walks in.

"Ah! You're awake."Brennan says smiling. "You're daughter is beautiful." He walks to Killian and smiles at her. "Hello, little one."

"Come on, guys, let me see her." I laugh. Killian smiles and walks to me. I hold my arms out. He sets a tiny baby in my arms. "Hi," I smile. It brings tears to my eyes. "You are beautiful." She grabs my finger in her tiny hand. I smile and slowly rock her. She starts to cry. "Shh," I rock her. "There, there, it's okay." I say gently. She opens her eyes and I see the most beautiful blue. "She has your eyes." I look up at Killian.

"What do ya know, she does." He smiles. I look back at her. "Emma?" I look up.

"Hmm?"

"You need to rest." He strokes my hair.

"No, no, I'm fine." The doctor walks in. Everyone leaves and the nurses show me how to breastfeed her correctly. Killian happily watches us, not fazed a bit. "You're not grossed out?" I ask.

"No, why would I be?"

"Most guys are." I shrug.

"Well, I'm not most guys." He smiles.

_

I finish feeding her and my eyes start to become heavy. "Let me take her, love." He holds out his hands.

"No, no, I'm good." I say sleepily. He gives me his 'are you serious look'. I roll my eyes and hand her too him. I lay down and watch him walk around the room, slowing rocking her. He smiles at her. His parents walk in.

"Hey, you two." They smile. Killian returns it. "May I hold my granddaughter?" Brennan asks. Killian nods, placing her in his arms. "I'm proud of you, Killian."

"Thank you, Papa." He smiles.

"Now, she only needs a name." He sighs, looking between us.

"We haven't exactly talked about that yet." He scratches his neck.

"What? why?"

"It's... uh... complicated." He sighs.

"How complicated can it be-"

"We've been separated for almost six months." I but in. Killian looks down.

"What!?" He looks between us. "Why? What happened?"

"I don't think that's any of your business.? I say.

"You're right, it's not, but can't you two figure it out, for your daughter sake?" He says, almost begging.

"I don't think it's going to work out." I look at Killian. His eyes are full of tears. I look down and play with my fingers.

"Oh," he says sadly. "I hope you find peace in what you've done." He says angrily. He places our daughter in her bed and walks out. Killian does the same.

"You foolish girl." Evie spits. She follows them. Tears roll down my cheek as I feel like I've lost the only family I've ever known. I lay down on my side so my back is facing the door, and silently cry.