86. Crawling Into My Arms

Five Months Later...

Killian's POV

I walk through the door after work. I'm greeted with a sweet kiss. "Welcome home." Emma says smiling. I smile and kiss her once more. "Dinners almost ready." 

"Good, I'm starving." I smile. "Where's my other girl?" I ask, searching the room with my eyes. Emma points down. I look down and see Colin at my feet, smiling up at me. "Well, look at you," I pick her up. "You're sure getting the hang of crawling." I chuckle as she smiles.

"Yes, we've been practicing." Emma says from the stove.

"Ah, I see." I walk to her. "Looks amazing, love." I kiss her temple. 

"Thank ya," she smiles. "Oh, a gentleman called this afternoon and said something about a photo shoot." I set Colin in her play pen.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about that." I hop up on the counter.

"And they said something about me being there." She looks up at me questioningly.

"Well, they wanted us both to do it, but I said I would ask. You don't have to do it if you aren't comfortable." 

"I'll do it if it makes you happy." 

"I'll be happy with whatever you choose, love." She places the food onto plates. 

"Dinner is served." She places them on the table. I hop down and grab Colin. I place her in her high chair. 

"Ah!" Colin says, looking at the baby food Emma pulls out.

"You hungry, baby?" Emma smiles, sitting down. She feeds her as I eat. I watch them as Emma smiles, making Colin smile.

"I'll feed her, love. You eat." I offer. She nods and hands me the food. I smile as my daughter eats. We finish dinner and Colin looks as if she's about to pass out. I pick her up out of her highchair and move her to her nursery. I lay her down and cover her with a small blanket. As soon as I leave she cries out for me. I cringe everytime and it makes my heart ache.

"Come on, I know you feel guilty." Emma says, making me wrap my arms around her.

"She's just so pitiful."

"I know, but she has to sleep." Colin finally quiets down. "So... about that photo shoot," she wraps her arms around my neck. "When is it?" Her nose brushes mine.

"Tuesday." I kiss the tip of hers. She giggles.

"I'll do it." She smiles.

"Really?" I grin.

"Yeah, I've lost all of the baby weight, so I'll look good in the photos." She shrugs.

"Emma, you would look beautiful in the photos with or without the baby weight." I say seriously. I kiss her forehead and hold her against me. "Don't ever doubt your beauty."

"How are you so amazingly, perfect?" She cups my cheeks. I shrug. She giggles and kisses me.

_

I hear crying form the baby monitor. "There she is." Emma smiles. We both stand up and walk into her room. I lean against the doorway. Colin stops crying as soon as she sees Emma. "Hey, baby." Colin giggles and smiles as she picks her up. She lays her head on her shoulder and looks at me with her big blue eyes.

"Hello, darling." I place my hand on her head.

"Da-da." She says. Emma and I both look at each other.

"Did she just say what I thought she said?" 

"Aye," we both smile.

"Da-da," she says again.

"That's right, baby. That's Dada." Emma points to me.

"Da-da," she reaches out for me. I smile and take her into my arms.

"And who's that, love?" I point to Emma. She looks at her, thinking about it.

"Ma-ma." 

"That's it, baby!" Emma says excitedly. I chuckle at her excitement. "Say it again." She smiles.

"Who's that?" I ask Colin.

"Ma-ma." 

"And who are you?" I say to her. She looks at me with a confused expression. I chuckle. "Didn't think you would be able to say Colin." Emma giggles.

"We'll get there." She kisses her head. "Come on, it's playtime." Emma smiles and picks her up. We both walk out and into the living room. Emma places her down too play with the toys we have on the floor. She sits with me on the couch and cuddles up under my arm. I kiss her temple as she places her hand on my chest. There's a knock on the door. I get up and open it. I see my parents, Liam, Ruby, and Portia. Portia runs in past me.

"Portia," Ruby sighs.

"It's alright." I chuckle. "Come on in." I offer. I walk back to Emma and Colin.

"Hey, little one." My mother says to Colin. Colin smiles and puts a toy in her mouth. "You're a happy girl, aren't you." 

"Yeah, she's normally a really happy baby." I say. Portia runs past, knocking Colin over. She hits her head and cries out for Emma. Emma picks her up and cradles her head. Ruby spanks Portia.

"I'm so sorry, Emma." She says sincerely.

"It's okay, she's fine, it scared her more than anything." Colin stops crying but now is just teary eyed. "You're okay, big girl." Emma says softly. I stand up and go to them.

"Da-da," she reaches out for me. Everyone in the room gasps.

"Did she just say Dada?" My mother says shocked.

"Aye, she started saying it just before you came." I chuckle and lay her against my shoulder.

"Awe!" She squeals. I chuckle.

"Killian, can I talk to you?" Liam asks.

"Yeah," I set Colin in Emma's arms. She whimpers and sticks her bottom lip out."I'll be right back, little love."I kiss her head and walk with Liam to the kitchen. "What's wrong?"

"Over this weekend I found out more about the break in."

"Really? What did you find?" I shift.

"Do you remember Jefferson Hatter?"

"Yeah, he was a bloody bastard to Emma in college."

"Well, he recently broke into a gas station and we caught him on camera. I guess he was feeling cocky because he held up Emma's ring."

"That bastard."I mumble. 

"We know his location, and I sent out some cops to get him about thirty minutes ago." 

"Thank you, Liam." I hug him.

"Of course, brother. Come on, let's get back to our girls."I smile and walk back to Emma. I grab her and pull her in for a passionate kiss. She's shocked at first, but then soon kisses back.

"Woah, easy tiger, we have company." She smiles as Colin giggles. "You like when Daddy kisses Mommy?" Emma says to her. She makes baby noises. "Of course you do." She giggles. I pull them both closer. Emma lays her head on my shoulder. I kiss both of their foreheads. I smile at how perfect my life is. 

I catch my parents looking at me proudly. I smile and look back to my beautiful girls.