43. Blast To The Future

One Year Later

Emma's POV

Killian and I have been together for almost two years now, and I couldn't be happier. His graduation is tomorrow and I'm super excited for him. I moved my classes so I will be doing school throughout the whole year, and it will hopefully get me a better score. His band, The Enemies, is doing really well, and people out of Drogheda are starting to take notice. We still live in our cozy apartment and he still has his job at the Swan House.

I wake with a arm draped over my bare waist, holding me to a warm body. I smile and intertwine his fingers with mine.

I can feel his smile creep onto his face, as he nuzzles his nose in my hair. He moves my hair and starts laying kisses along my neck and shoulder. I giggle and smile. "Well, good morning to you too." I laugh as he pulls me closer to his bare body.

"Morning, beautiful." He mumbles against my skin. The vibrations send shivers up my spine, making goosebumps appear. He notices and continues laying sloppy kisses along my pale skin. "What shall we do today?" He says seductively.

"Whatever you want." I smile, trying to contain my moans.

"You really shouldn't have said that, love." He crawls over top of me.

"Oh, really? And what are you going to do?" I smirk.

"You have no idea." He growls in my ear.

"Well, it can't be anything better than last night." I giggle.

"Is that a challenge, Swan?" He smirks.

"Maybe..." I bite my lip.

"Oh, you're asking for it." He chuckles.

_________________________________________________________________

I walk down the stairs and see Killian at the stove cooking. I walk to him and wrap my arms around his stomach from behind. I can tell he's smiling. "Wacha making?" I sit my chin on his shoulder.

"Eggs and pancakes." He turns and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"Yum." I say as he kisses my temple. "Ready to graduate?" I look up at him..

"Aye," he smiles. "Means more time with you, I'm all for it." I blush and bury my face in his shoulder. "Love your outfit by the way." I blush even more. I pull away from his shoulder. "Shows off that amazing body of yours." He puts his hands on my hips.

"Thought you might like that." I bite my lip.

"You were right." He inches closer to me.

"Killian!" I giggle. He turns back to the food and quickly places it on a plate. I laugh and hold my hand to my mouth.

"You think this is funny, don't you?" He turns his head to me and smiles.

"Yep." I laugh. He grabs me and picks me up. He puts me on my back on the table. He steps between my legs and holds my hands by head. "Killian," I giggle and try to escape his grasp.

"Na ah ah ah." He smiles.

"Let go." I laugh.

"I like you right there."

"Killian." I start to whimper.

"Hey," his voice goes soft. I start to squirm under his hold. "I'm not going to do anything to you, Swan." He looks at me with concern. "See," he takes his hands off of my wrists and holds them up. "I didn't mean to restrain you, love. I won't do it again." He helps me sit up.

"I'm sorry," I lay my forehead on his shoulder. "I'm a mess."

"You're my mess." I look at him. "I'm sorry, darling, I didn't mean to scare you. I was just trying to tease you." He puts his hands to my cheeks.

"I know. I'm the one who should be sorry. I know you would never hurt me, but it's just what happened when we were drunk that still scares me." I hug myself, covering my chest.

"It's okay, sweetheart," he pulls me to his shoulder. "I'm completely sober, and I would never do anything to you without your permission." He says sweetly.

"I know." I mumble into his neck.

"Come on, let's eat." He pulls me away from his shoulder and smiles at me. I nod. I button up the shirt uncomfortably. He sighs and helps me off the table

We eat our breakfast in silence. "I'm sorry." I finally say.

"For what?" He looks up at me.

"I'm overreacting about this, and I'm pushing you away again for something that happened over a year ago. I'm so weak." I put my face in my hands.

"Hey," he stands up and walks to me. He bends down and takes my hands. "Swan, you are not weak. Don't ever say that. Emma, what you went through was hard and I wish I could take back what I did, and I'm so sorry. In time we'll get through it and hopefully you'll trust me again."

"I do trust you, it's just this little voice in the back of my head screaming at me. And I clearly trust you after what we did last night, but... I'm sorry." I cry. He pulls me into his arms.

"Shh," he says softly. He cradles my head in his hand. He holds me, slowly calming me down. "It's okay," I pull away from his shoulder. He wipes away my tears. "Why don't you go upstairs and get a shower, and after we can go out and drive around for awhile. I know you love that." He gives me a soft smile. I nod. I stand up and walk up the stairs. I get in the shower and just let the hot water run over me, wiping the stress from my body.

I get out and wrap a towel around myself. I walk out, not expecting Killian to be standing by our dresser. He looks at me then quickly looks away. "I'm sorry, love." He covers his eyes.

"It's okay." I walk to the dresser. He keeps his eyes covered. "Killian, you can look, it's okay." I say, taking his hand away from his eyes.

"No, Swan. I saw how upset you were, and I'm not going to anger you anymore-"

"Killian, I'm okay now. I'm calmed down. Now open you eyes." He does as I say and opens his eyes. His eyes stay fixed on mine, never roaming to my towel covered body.

"I'm so sorry-"

"It's okay, just don't restrain me next time, okay?" I say sweetly.

"I won't ever do it again." He kisses me. I don't hesitate to kiss back.

"Can we still go on that car ride?" I ask, pulling back.

"Of course, we can." He kisses my forehead. "Well, I'll leave you too it." He starts to walk away. I grab his wrist.

"Killian, you really don't have to leave. I promise you I'm okay now, and we can go about our day normally." I give a small smile.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive." I giggle. He smiles. We both change into our normal clothes.

"Ready?" He asks, taking my hand as we walk down the stairs.

"Yep." I jump at the last step. He chuckles. "What?" I smile and turn around.

"You're adorable." He grabs the keys. I slam into his chest.

"And you love it." I say seductively.

"Aye," he kisses me hungrily.

"Come on, before something starts that neither of us can stop." I giggle and pull his hand towards the door. He smiles and follows. He wraps his arm around my shoulders as we walk down to the elevator.

We hop into his car. "Where too, love?" Killian asks with a smile.

"Surprise me." He takes my hand and intertwines our fingers as he drives. The trees fade into a blur as they go by, never to be seen again. The scenery passes by at a exhilarating speed like a whirlwind. It all seems like a fantasy, like it's all to good to be true. I try to wake myself from this dream, but nothing changes. My reality is the best of the best, no fantasy or fairytale could be better than this. My happy ending is sitting next to me. The one holding my hand. The one who has my heart trapped inside his hand. The one who has no sign of letting go.