53. Facing It Together

Killian's POV

We walk back to my parents as they sit on the couch. Emma keeps her head hung low, avoiding their eyes. "Emma, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." My mother says. Emma just nods. We sit down. I put my arm around her shoulder and let her lean into me.

"Just drop the subject." I say, holding her impossibly close. She places her hand on my chest, and buries her face in my shoulder.

"I am truly sorr-"

"I said, drop it." I feel Emma's tears start again. Her hair falls in front of her face, hiding her watery eyes from my parents.

"Killian-" she begins.

"I think you should go." I look down at Emma.

"Right..." they get up and leave. Emma finally is allowed to ball into my chest.

"Shh," I pull her between my legs and let her lay on my chest. "It's alright, love. We don't plan on starting a family, and that's nowhere in our future anytime soon." I try to calm her. She relaxes under my arms and pulls back a little.

"I'm sorry." She wipes her eyes. "I'm a disaster." She pulls her knees to her chest.

"Emma, you're not a disaster. You are amazing, kind, beautiful, and the best girlfriend a man could ask for." I stroke her cheek lightly with the back of my hand. A small smile along with a blush forms on her face. "Emma Swan, in do time we'll face that problem, but until then, let's focus on now, okay? Life is too short to worry about things that may never come." I kiss her forehead.

"Are you saying you don't want a family with me at all?" Her smile disappears.

"No, no, no, not at all." I cup her cheeks. "I'm saying that we'll face that problem when we come to it." I kiss her softly.

"But, Killian, how am I supposed to be a mother if I never had one?" She cries.

"Swan, being a mother isn't something you learn, it's something you're born with. It's a learn on the job kind of thing." She smiles and wraps her arms around me. I smile and kiss the top of her head. "It's a long way away, and we don't need to worry about it. As long as we're careful, we won't have to face it until you're ready." She kisses me. I pull back and wipe away her tears. "Woman like you is too beautiful to cry." I smile and put my forehead to hers. She smiles.

My phone goes off interrupting our moment.

"You should get that." She giggles. I grab it and answer it.

Emma's POV

"Hello?" Killian says into the phone. "Yes, that's me." A huge smile forms on his face. "Thank you very much." he hangs up and turns to me with a huge smile.

"Who was that?" I can't help but smile.

"That, my darling Swan, was a record company and they want me and my band to come and play for them." I throw my arms around him.

"That's amazing!" I smile. "You're finally doing it." I giggle. "You're living your dream." I cup his cheeks.

"We need to celebrate." I smile and stand up from the couch.

"And what do you have in mind?" He smirks and raises his eyebrow.

"Come on, and I'll show you." He stands up without hesitation and pulls me to his chest. I look up at him and run my hands across his abs. He chuckles and kisses me deeply. "You are so beautiful." He pulls away breathless. I blush.

"You're sweet." I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Come on. We need to celebrate." He smiles like a dork.

"You haven't gotten the deal yet, Killian. Let's not get ahead of ourselves." He calms down.

"You're right, I'm just excited." He smiles.

"I am too, but I just don't want you to get your hopes up." I cup his cheeks.

"I know, I won't. Let's celebrate." He kisses me and runs off to our room like a five year old.

"Did you hear anything I just said!?" I yell, laughing at him.

"Nope!" He yells back. I laugh to myself and walk up the stairs. He pops out of the corner and grabs me.

"Killian!" Laugh. He throws me over his shoulder. "Seriously? Again!?" I laugh and hit his back. He lays me down on our bed and lifts my shirt up. He starts tickling me. "No! No! Stop!" I beg. He sits on my thighs, making me unable to kick him. "Killian!" I scream at him. "I can't breathe." He stops, letting me catch my breath. "I hate you."

"No you don't." He leans over me.

"How much you wanna bet?" I giggle. He kisses me passionately. I roll him over so I'm sitting on his hips. I run my hands through his thick black hair and over his muscular shoulders. He lifts my shirt over my head and tangles his hands in my hair. He goes to unbutton his jeans but I stop him.

"What's wrong?" He asks, moving his hands back to stroke my cheek.

"I'm sorry," I move off of him. He sits up as I put my shirt back on.

"Love, what's wrong? You were fine this morning."

"It's just what your parents said. I can't start a family, Killian, I'm not ready for that." I hug myself.

"Swan, I told you before, we won't do anything unless you're comfortable, okay?" He puts his fingers to my chin, making me look up at him.

"I ruined it." I stand up form the bed and stare out the window.

"Emma, you really need to stop beating yourself up over everything." He says gently. He puts his hands on my arms from behind and gently moves them up and down. "What did you ruin, love?" I turn around.

"Everything. I always mess up everything! I yell. "When you do sweet things for me I pull away, when we share intimate moments like that, I pull away, and for what!? Because of what someone said to me? I'm so tired of trying to be strong, trying to be someone else, I just want to be able to sit on the couch with you, and not be worrying about every little thing. Wondering if you'll leave me like everyone else." Tears start to flow down my cheeks. He pulls me into his arms.

"You don't have to be strong, Emma." He holds me tightly, allowing me to cry into his shoulder. "I'm never going to leave you, and that is a promise." He kisses my head. His hand moves to cup my head. I move my hands around his back to hold the back of his shoulders.

"I'm so tried of fighting." I whisper.

"Then don't. Give up. I'll be here to catch you and make sure you're safe."

"Why do you care about me?"

"Because I fell in love with you."

"And I you."