2. Out For Coffee

__________________________The Next Day_________________________

Emma's POV

I fell asleep with not a single blanket on me, and now I have several. I sit up and rub my eyes. "Morning, sleepy head." An Irish accent says. I look over my shoulder and see Killian in the small kitchen cooking.

"Morning." I say groggily.

"Hungry?" He asks.

"Yeah, a bit."

"You like waffles?" He asks smiling.

"Yep," I get up and grab my brush. I walk to the bathroom, do my hair and makeup.

"Breakfast is ready!" Killian yells. I walk out as he sets two plates on the table. I sit down at the same time he does. "So..." he says as I start to eat. "Tell me something about yourself." He says with a mouth full of waffles.

"Well..." I pause. "There's not much to tell." I look down to my food.

"There has to be more than that." He persists.

"Okay, um..."

"Favorite food?" He holds his chin in his hand.

"Grilled cheese." I smile.

"Yum, now you ask a question."

"Um... favorite color?"

"Really?" He raises his eyebrow. "Look around the room, love." He smirks. I turn around and notice that all the furniture is black.

"Black?" He laughs.

"You guessed it. My turn." He leans back in his chair. "How old are you?"

"Seventeen. What about you?"

"Twenty." He picks up our empty plates and sets them in the sink. I get up and go pick clothes out. I walk to the bathroom and change. I walk out and see Killian already dressed. "So, I was thinking. I said I'd show you around, do you want to do that today?" He tilts his head.

"Uh, sure." I grab my combat boots and put them on. I grab my red leather jacket and he grabs his black leather one. I look up at him. He's wearing a tight dark blue shirt, black skinny jeans, black combat boots and a black leather jacket. He has several rings on his fingers, a necklace with a skull and sword, and a single earring on his left ear.

"Just one quick question." He sits next to me on my bed.

"And what would that be?" I turn to him.

"Where are you from?"

"Boston." I simply say.

"Really?" He asks surprised.

"Are you from Drogheda?"

"Aye, born and raised here." He stands up. I do the same. He opens the door for me.

"Thanks." I say politely.

"You're welcome." He shuts it behind us. We walk down the halls and to the elevator. We make it to the bottom floor and walk out. "Follow me, I know where the coffee shop is." I follow him. We walk in silence until we reach the nice, cozy coffee shop. We walk in and wait in line.

"Hey, Killian." A girl with brown hair says walking up to him.

"Hey, Aurora." He smiles. "Aurora, this is Emma, my new roommate." He introduces me.

"Hi," she sticks out her hand. I take it.

"Hi,"

"Killian said he was getting a new roommate." She smiles sweetly.

"Yeah, that's me." I smile nervously

"Welcome. Hope you like it here." She smiles and walks off.

"Well, she seems nice." I turn to Killian.

"She is. We've been friends for a long time." We order our drinks and walk around the campus. He shows me where everything is. As we walk back to our dorms he stops me. "Hey, do you want me to introduce you to my friends?"

"Um, sure." I say hesitantly.

"Come on." He takes my hand and drags me to one of the dorms on the first floor. He knocks on the door. A few seconds later a small woman with short black hair and skin as white as snow, opens the door.

"Killian's here!" She yells to the others in the room. "And he brought company." She smiles and lets us in. "Hi, I'm Mary Margaret." She smiles.

"I'm Emma." I smile.

"So nice to meet you Emma." She hugs me. I stand there in shock.

"Mary Margaret, stop freaking the girl out." Another man says.

"Sorry, I just get excited sometimes." She skips past me.

"Sorry about her." A man with blonde hair and blue eyes says.

"It's fine." I give a small smile.

"I'm David, nice to meet you, Emma."

"Same."

"That over there is Robin, Regina, Philip, August, and Aurora." He points to the individual people.

"Hi," they all say in unison.

"Hello," I say shyly. I walk over to Killian and sit next too him.

"So, Emma, what are you studying here?" Aurora asks.

"Writing and Literature." I smile.

"Cool. August is the same." She points to a man with black hair and blue eyes.

"Who's your favorite author?" He asks me.

"Um... Alan Moore. You?"

"Definitely Shakespeare." He laughs.

"Oh, great! They've gone literature majors on us." Killian says.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes. "You can't say anything. Last night you talked for literally three hours on his much you miss the Beatles and Guns and Roses." I say smartly. He turns his head and mumbles. Everyone laughs. "So, where are you all from?" I ask.

"David and I are from Maine," Mary says. "Robin and Philip are from London, Regina is from New York, August is from Florida, and Aurora is from California."

"Cool."

"What about you?"

"Boston."

"Neat." She says with a smile. We talk for a few hours before Killian starts to get hungry.

"Let's go eat." He stands up.

"All right." I stand up.

"Bye, mates." Killian says.

"Bye," they all say. We walk out and go down to a small café. We order our food and take a seat. Our food comes and we eat in silence. We finish and walk back to our dorm. I get changed into shorts and a tank top. I walk out and see Killian in only his boxers. I look away and walk to my bed. I grab a hair elastic and put my hair up into a ponytail.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asks from the couch.

"Sure." I walk to the other side of the couch and ait down. I grab a blanket and drape it over myself. Killian does the same.

"What do you want to watch?" He asks, as he turns to Netflix.

"Um... doesn't matter to me." I say.

"How about Peter Pan?" He looks towards me.

"Sure," about half way through the movie my eyes start to get heavy. Just before I fall asleep, Killian turns off the movie and gets up. He picks me up in his arms and brings me to my bed. He lays me down and grabs a blanket from his bed. He puts it over me, making me feel warm and safe.

"Goodnight, Swan."