The Call

Chris' POV
All the people are having so much fun, and so was I. We just came off stage like ten minutes ago and the party had just started. I saw a girl in short shorts that were half way up her ass and wearing a crop top that was way to small. I hate when girls are like that.
The girl walked up to me. "Hey how about we leave and go somewhere a little more quiet and dark?" She smirked. I laughed at her and said "No thanks." She looked mad at my response and just walked off. I looked at the clock. It was 9:10. Well it's not to late. Then my phone rang. Who would call me at this hour? All the guys are here.
I clicked the green button on the screen. "Hello?" "Yes hi is this Mr.Chris Cerulli?" A woman with a light honey like voice asked. "Yes, who is this?" "I am Veronica Sanders I have called to inform you that we have your daughter." I laughed. This has to be a joke I don't have a daughter. "Sir if you're not going to take me serious than at least go and pick up your daughter!" She sounded frustrated.
"But I don't have a daughter." I said panicking a bit. "Did you by any chance know Lauren Garcia?" I know that name! I had a one night stand with her. She said she was on the pill! "Yes I did." I answered. "Okay well she passed away yesterday and you are the father of Aria Cerulli." Why wouldn't Lauren give her my last name? "Okay so where is she?" I asked with my voice shaking.
"She is at the children's home on Wallis St. Ask to talk to Debra and she will help you." She lady said. "Okay umm thanks." I hung up and put my phone in my pocket. I was in so much shock. "Hey Chris you okay you look a little paler than usual." Ricky said coming up to me. "I just found out I have a daughter Ricky. And her mother is dead." I said almost emotionless.
"Oh dude I'm so sorry. Where is she though?" "At the children's home on Wallis St." I said not looking at him. "Well are you going to go get her or no?" He asked looking me in the face. I couldn't answer that. I mean my band is big and I'm a rockstar. I go touring for months I can't just bring a kid with me. "I don't know Rick." "Well I say at least go and see what she is like I mean it wouldn't kill you to spend an hour or two with her." "Your right well I'll see you later Rick." I said getting my keys out of my pocket. "Bye Chris."
I drove to the children's home with sweaty palms. I walked up to the porch and knocked on the door. A girl in her teens open the door. "Who are you here to see?" She asked looking annoyed. "Umm I'm here to speak to Debra." I said looking at her. She let me in and pointed to a room that looked like an office.
"Hello are you Debra?" I asked the middle aged woman in the chair. "Yes hi are you Chris?" I nodded and sat in the chair in front of her desk.
"So you are here to pick up Aria?" She asked with a smile her her face. "Umm well first I wanted to see her. Like visit her and see how she is." She nodded and got up.
"Well try not to touch her. She doesn't like any physical contact with anyone. Earlier one of the case workers touched her on the shoulder and she just started crying and ran to the bathroom and stayed in there for an hour. She won't tell us why." At her last word we were at a door. She gestured for me to enter.
I opened the door to see a little girl with long, blond, straight hair. She got one look at me and ran to the corner of the room. "Hi I'm Chris. It's okay I'm not gonna hurt you." I said walking a little closer to her. She had my big brown eyes and my cheekbones. "Pwease don't touch me." She whispered. What has happened to this poor little girl that she doesn't allow anyone to touch her? "I promise." I said. She slowly walked into the light and sat on the bed. She was so beautiful. She looked like an angel that was so fragile. She looked at me and asked me something I will never forget. "Are you hewe to do what David did to me?" She asked looking down.
I frowned at her and said "Who is David?" She looked at the wall and said "Mommy's boyfriend." She was nervous or scared cause her voice was shaking. I nod and ask her "What did he do to you baby?" "Why you call me baby?" I didn't mean to call her that it just slipped.
     "Oh umm...well Aria I'm you dad." She looked at me with wide eyes. Then she went straight face. "You don't have to lie. It otay if you no want me to live wif you." She said looking me straight in the eye. "No look I'm new to the whole dad thing but I would love to make up for the time I wasn't in your life okay?" She nodded and she actually smiled. It was small but it was something.
     I walked over to Debra and said "So what do I need to do in order to take her home?" She smiled and said "Just sign these papers here and you are welcome to take her home." She said handing me some papers. I signed what I had to and walked back to the room. Aria was sitting there waiting for me.
     "So do you have anything you need to take?" I ask her. "Umm I jus has one thing. Is dat otay?" I nod. She grabs a small black and white blanket. "Ready?" She nods and starts walking out with me. What did I just do?
Hey guys if you haven't already please go ready my other new book Hidden.
Comment and Vote!
Love y'all
Black Cat
XXX