8. without This Feeling, It's like I Am Dead

"Please be alive. Please be alive." Kari muttered to herself as she dodged around another log.

Kari leaped over a log as the tree line was starting to clear.

"Dear god, be alive." Kari's eyes got wide as Sanna's dark hair was covering her face. "Oh god, please be ALIVE!"

Kari tossed her bow to the side as she dropped to her knees taking in Sanna's body. "Wake up!"

Kari placed her fingers on Sanna's neck but there wasn't movement. "Oh no, Sanna."

She dropped her head down to Sanna's chest as there was silence. "Sanna, wake up, just wake up!"

Kari balled her hands up as she sat them down on Sanna's chest as hard as she could.

"Wake the fuck up!" Kari's voice cracked as she hit Sanna again.

Kari backed away from her body as her hands were now shaking. "No, no, this can't be happening."

"HELP, SOMEONE COME HELP ME!"

Kari's head snapped around as the figure moved from the right side of the field waving his arms.

Kari slowly got up from the ground as her bow was on the other side of Sanna's body.

"Please come help me! She isn't breathing!"

Kari shook her head as Sanna was motionless herself on the ground, "I can't leave her body."

"Seriously, come fucking help me!" He shouted again as he vanished over the horizon.

Kari wiped her eyes as she ran off after the guy leaving her bow next to Sanna's lifeless body.

Back at the compound, Maddox pushed the little horse around that was placed on top of the map. He stopped then pushed the horse again.

"You want a moment with the toys?"

Maddox rolled his eyes as Maverick walked into the room with an apple to his lips. "What do you want?"

"Listen, I know we were never on the same page but the fact that I stayed around for the past 8 years means you can't fucking come at me."

"I will do whatever I want to do at this point. I'm fighting to keep my father's legacy alive. I'm fighting to keep my family's name alive!"

Maverick smiled back at him, "You don't think I don't understand that?"

Maddox glared back at him, "I don't wanna talk about that."

Maverick nodded his head back at Maddox as he saw the new placement of the incoming forces, "I didn't know they were getting closer."

"She keeps pushing them every day. One of the spotters told me that about 8 of our fishing villages are gone. They hung the people in the trees and left their heads on poles."

"The fuck, who does that?" Maverick asked him as he backed away from the table.

Maddox shook his head back at Maverick. "You don't know how this makes us look. I mean I'm trying to control something that isn't mine. This wasn't my job growing up. This was up to Solomon to follow our father and prepare for the throne. I was out running in the fields with the other kids. I never sat down with my father and trained. I never did this."