10. Your Reflection in the Mirror Is Filled With Scars

"Make sure they are tied up correctly."

My eyes were heavy as the blood inside my mouth was drying my tongue out.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" Sanna shouted at someone as I heard shuffling from behind me.

"Just calm down Sanna." Kari said back to her as several boots moved around me.

I pushed myself up when something grabbed the back of my back lifting me the rest of the way up from the ground.

I groaned out in pain as I was tossed against the side of the house.

His hand found the small of my back as it started trailing south.

I sent my elbow back hitting him in the jaw as he stumbled back away from me.

I shook my head to clear my vision as I saw Casey to the side hunched over while Raquel was standing in the middle of her fire pit tied to a pole.

I held my arm up as one of the soldiers brought his sword down on me. I moaned out as the chains under my sleeves helped to protect me during battle.

The soldier narrowed his eyes at me as he brought the sword around again to strike me in my stomach.

Before he was able to connect the sword with my stomach, I sent my foot into the inside of his leg knocking him to the ground.

"Enough!"

The boy on the ground looked up at me as the voice made everyone around Raquel's house fall silent.

I brought my arm up to my chest as I saw some blood coming up through the leather.

"The traitor thinks she can prove something."

I glanced over at him as he walked past Sanna with a smile on his lips. "I have nothing to prove to you."

"You killed my unborn child and ran back home. You went behind us all!"

Raquel rolled her eyes as Kari dropped her head in disbelief. Even after all of this time, he didn't believe any of them.

He didn't believe me.

He walked over to me as his face was covered in scars.

I shook my head as his eyes had lost that little spark about them. The little twinkle of hope that tomorrow was going to be ok.

"What happened to you?"

His eyes met mine as the first time something flashed across his face.

I narrowed my eyes when I heard something snap in the distance, "Why are your men still hiding in the back trees?"

Raquel looked off into the distance as another twig snapped, "I don't think they belong to him."

I went to grab my sword when I saw that it was no longer on my side but rather in his hands. "This isn't the time. Someone is surrounding us!"

He pushed me back against the house as the blade pushed against my throat. "I don't have time to listen to you cry to me about what happened. You left me."

My eyes narrowed as I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted to just speak to him but I couldn't. I couldn't say a thing as the blade pressed harder into my throat.