14. I Gotta Be More Strong

Outside Waterford, Ireland

Maverick tossed a piece of bread at the chickens that were kept in the palace walls. He glanced up as a few farmers walked through the gates onto the grounds.

"We keep letting people in and we are going to be fucked." Maverick said as Maddox walked over to him.

Maddox rolled his eyes back at Maverick, "I know this is what McKenzie would want."

"She is dead. You know that right." Maverick snorted back at him.

"No, we know nothing about what happened that night." Maddox smiled at an older lady that was walking into the grounds.

"You believed Raquel?" Maverick questioned him.

"I don't wanna talk about it anymore." Maddox tossed back at him.

"If you believed her, why didn't you step up?"

Maddox ignored him as he helped the older lady toward the market where she wanted to go.

"Fucker," Maverick muttered out when a horse came through the gates with a rider at its side. Maverick narrowed his eye as the young guy took the horse over to the barn.

The young guy rubbed the back of his head as Maverick went over to him, "You lost?"

"No, I was just heading east to Dublin and I know I could stop in here for some food and rest."

Maverick went to say another word when two horses rushed into the palace grounds.

"Oh fuck me," Maverick shook his head as there was Kari on the back of a horse with a mystery guy next to her.

Dallas ran over to her with a smile, "You brought a guy back?"

"Where is Maddox?" She said jumping down from the horse.

Dallas grabbed the reigns as she saw the bandage on Kari's arm, "What happened to you?"

"Solomon." Kari glanced back at her.

"You ran into him?" Dallas asked her back.

Casey glanced over at Kari, "Come on, we don't have the time. We need Maddox."

Kari nodded her head back at him, "Dallas, where is Maddox?"

"He went back into the house, what is going on? Who is that?" Dallas pointed back at Casey.

Casey glanced back at Kari, "We don't have the time."

"I know Casey."

Maverick walked over to them, "Kari, you have been gone a while. Where have you been?"

"Out," She said walking toward the main house.

"After your last stunt, I should have you thrown out." Maverick yelled back at her.

Kari shook her head as a few guards stepped in front of her.

Casey looked back at him, "Maverick?"

Kari nodded her head, "I just need Maddox."

Dallas glanced back at Maverick, "ease up, with everything going on, I think she can see Maddox."

"No, she can't."