20. Any More and It'll be Dangerous

Katherine grinned up at me as I walked into the house, "If I was to ask, would you answer?"

I glanced back at her.

She was still smiling at me when I heard the screaming. I narrowed my eyes when I heard his name tear through my body.

I pushed myself out the back door when I saw the figures rushing toward the fence as the flames soared through the sky striking down around us. "Katherine, get into the house and lock the doors."

"Who are they, what is going on?" She looked back at me.

"Get in the house and stay!" I shouted at her as I took off for the fence as I saw Raquel go down. My eyes got wide as I rushed toward the fence with arrows ripping past me.

Raquel was on the ground holding her arm as I saw it.

I stopped as I saw the blood streaming down his face. I looked up as they were just feet from us. "Raquel, get up."

She didn't answer me.

"Raquel, get the fuck up!" I shouted down at her as he slammed into me.

I groaned out in pain as I hit the ground.

His hand slammed down on my throat as my breathing was cut short. I put my hands up trying to grab his face but he pushed me away attempt after attempt.

My breathing came back when I heard the growling.

There was a bark then snarl as he was ripping from my body.

I rolled over as I found my hand in something sticky.

I followed the blood trail as there was Maddox.

His eye was still open as his lips were slightly apart. I shook my head as I knew having Maddox dead meant everything was already changed.

"You shouldn't have died, that wasn't supposed to happen." I whispered to his body as another guy was rushing towards me after seeing I was still alive.

I pushed myself up to my feet when I saw the smoke just infront of me, "No."

I tumbled to the side as his shield knocked me off balance standing me back toward the fence. I shook my head as they ran towards the little houses and tents.

They ran towards them.

The people I promised I would help.

The people I tried to save.

"What is going on, why?" I held onto my side as I watched one of her people toss an innocent person on the ground and take a blade to their chest.

"No..."

I moaned out in pain as his fist came down across my face knocking me back to the ground.

Dallas sat on the edge of the dock as Maverick stood next to the water's edge watching the water crash on the sand.

Maverick narrowed his eyes as he heard the scream, "What the fuck was that?"

Kari jumped up reaching for her bow, "That was Raquel."

"She said Maddox's name..." Dallas added in.