17. Something 'Bout You Makes Me Feel Like a Dangerous Woman

"Protect the east walls!" Dallas shouted out as she sent another guy back away from her body with the shield she had picked up.

Kari pulled hard back on the bow as she sent an arrow right past Dallas into the guy who was about to attack her.

Dallas glanced back at Kari as she nodded her head back at her friend.

Raquel kicked a guy back as she saw more and more coming over the south walls. "We are being overrun!"

Maddox sent his blade through the chest of a guy as he pulled his blade back out, "We have to retreat or we end up on the ground."

Dallas nodded her head as Kari started looking around, "Wait, where is McKenzie?"

Maverick looked over at her as he wiped blood from his face, "Where the fuck is Solomon?"

Upstairs in the house, Isabel pushed open the last door on the left as she started ripping the wedding dress from her body that was covered in blood.

She kicked the dress from her body as she stumbled back into the wall. She looked down at the blood stained dress as it wasn't her own blood. It was from the men that she had protecting her. The men that had families all looking to her to keep them safe whenever Maddox and his group would attack them.

But today it wasn't Maddox that attacked them.

It was him.

It was her own blood that made the move to kill her.

"I don't understand. I don't understand what he did."

"You mean you don't understand why people are waking up to see what McKenzie is all about."

Isabel rolled on her heels to see Bridget leaning against the door watching her.

"Look around Isabel, today they are turning against you. Even Jackson turned against you. I mean he wasn't aiming at you. He was aiming at his father."

Isabel grabbed the leather pants that were on the bed as another scream echoed up the stone hallway to them. "Why are you even still here?"

"I wanted to make sure that you knew that I wasn't about this anymore."

Isabel narrowed her eyes back at her.

"McKenzie gave me a chance on that road to become someone else. Even after Kingston looked at me and knew exactly who I was, he still wanted me to be happy. He wanted me to have a chance."

"You are working for her?"

"I didn't kill her because I knew that killing her would lead to your reign over this country. I would never allow that to happen."

"You have been helping me but you have been aiding her this entire time?"

Bridget smiled back at Isabel, "You don't know what McKenzie knows."

Kingston rolled over at the camp fire as Bridget looked back at McKenzie, "Everything that is going on you have to trust me McKenzie."

"I do, Bridget, I really do. I don't want to think about what will happen. We need to change it to something else."

Bridget glanced back at the fire, "If they get married then Solomon and Isabel will have to have children. Her blood will run through this country."