6. It's a Long Hard Road Trying To Get Home

His eyes were dark as his fist crashed down on Casey's jaw again.

Casey moaned out as his eyes were half shut. He could barely hold himself up as the second guy cracked his knuckles about to take his turn on Casey.

"You know she told us that she would be alone. That this would be easy. This hasn't been easy since we started this little adventure."

The dark eyed guy wiped the blood from his knuckles on his shirt, "Seems like we are being played a little. I mean it's like how much are they paying us again?"

The second guy glanced up at the first, "You are getting paid for this?"

Casey moaned out again as something in his stomach seemed to be bruised.

"Can we kill him now?" the second asked as Casey tried to crawl away from them as blood dripped down from his lip.

The first guy rolled his neck until it cracked as a sense of ease rushed over his face, "Kill him."

Casey looked up at them as the second guy seemed to stumble forward holding his chest.

"Man what are you doing?"

"He is dying." I muttered out as I threw the blade toward the first guy.

His body slammed onto the floor as his eyes rolled back in his head as the blade stuck out his forehead. Blood trickled down into his eyes coating them red.

Casey coughed again as pain surged through his body.

I stepped over the second guy reaching down for Casey, "We gotta go."

"How are you still alive?" Casey said through blood stained teeth.

"Just trust me."

Casey nodded his head as I helped him out of the back stock room.

Casey rolled over moaning as the blood had finally stopped dripping from his cheek.

I poked the fire again as Casey could finally push himself up.

His eyes glowed as the fire danced around us sending warmth over my body. "Where are we?"

"Two years ago, I walked out into his field with a rock in my hand. I went over to that thing over there and I was sent back to a place I would never wanna leave. A place that shaped me into the person I am today."

"You vanished here?"

I nodded my head back at him as Casey looked over his shoulder at the stone structure behind us.

"Why come back here when you don't have the thing to take us back?"

My eyes shot up as I looked over at him, "Take us back?"

"Listen, I have gone this far with you, I'm pretty sure I'm going the rest of the way with you."

I smiled over at him when a gently breeze kicked up around us.

Casey's brow shot up as the tall grass bent over and bowed around us. "McKenzie, what is going on?"

I slowly got up from the ground as the voice seemed to be pulling me toward the circle.

Pound the ground, feel our voice. Rise up from the water, blood cursing through our veins.

Casey got up behind me, "McKenzie?"