25. But you're moving so carefully. Let's Start Living Dangerously

Ballina, Ireland

Isabel walked out of her room that night when she was pushed back against a wall.

She glared up at Jackson who was glaring at her.

"What are you doing?" Jackson snorted at her.

"Why are you back?" She asked him with a little fear at the end.

"You have to stand up and say that you aren't gonna kill him."

"I can't do that now."

"You couldn't have just gone with the plan? You had to kill Bridget and now Solomon?"

"I didn't plan this."

"There was one thing worked out and that was McKenzie coming back. But fuck Isabel what are you doing?"

She pushed him back as the tears rolled down her cheeks, "You are my son and you treat me like this?"

"My mother wouldn't be going against the only people that can save her. You are going against the only person that has the army and knowledge to save you."

"I didn't want any of this. I didn't want it!" Isabel shouted back at him.

Isabel glanced over at me as the others laughed about the recent raid. Solomon sipped on his drink while Maddox stole another glance at Raquel in the dimness of the camp fire in the middle of us.

Isabel turned her attention back to Solomon as she spoke, "You are strong and smart McKenzie."

I glanced down at her confused.

"I need your help with something."

I nodded my head as I got up from the camp fire and followed her away from the group.

Isabel crossed her arms as she wiped away tears from her face, "I need you to protect me."

"Protect you, what are you talking about?"

"I know you know him."

I narrowed my eyes back at her.

"He said that I would die if I didn't do what he wanted."

"Isabel, you gotta speak more. I don't get it."

"Everything I am about to say. You have to trust me."

I nodded my head back at her.

Isabel walked down the steps to the cell as the two guards glanced up at her, "Leave."

They didn't fight her as they got up and left her alone in the lower levels of the castle.

"I'm not your pet. You can't do this to me."

"8 years ago, I went to McKenzie and asked her to help me."

Solomon went silent.

"I asked her to protect me and my son. I asked her to do something that I knew would end in my death. Solomon, I never wanted to kill you. I just wanted to save you."

Solomon came to the door as he looked down at her.

"I was wrong when Kingston was forced out of my life. I shouldn't have lied about what he did to me. I shouldn't have gone to my father with that lie. I shouldn't have kicked the only person that ever loved me out of my life."