19. No, It's My Turn to Cry, I'll cry now

Cork, Ireland

Kari glanced up as a deer walked out into the meadow with her fawn behind her, "It's been 3 days."

Dallas rolled her head over to Kari, "Are you worried or something?"

"3 days, she has been gone for 3 days."

"They aren't in trouble."

"You know Solomon cleared a small portion of the lower region in like 48 hours."

Dallas shook her head back at Kari, "I don't know. I feel like they are gonna walk through the tree line and we are gonna be ok."

"Both of you are fucking stupid." Raquel said walking past the guard stand. She stopped at the edge where the fence had been broken in places. "Wake up and look around, Maddox is here without his brother. McKenzie is out with Solomon and hasn't come home. This isn't something we should be ok with. One of them isn't coming back."

Dallas climbed down the guard tower, "I don't understand why you are so frightened?"

Raquel watched the tree line as she saw the wolves stepping through. "But I'm guessing we are about to get our answers."

Kari stood up as the meadow was full of wolves, "How many did she have?"

Raquel reached down for her sword, "Kari, get the bow up."

Kari pulled the bow back around infront of her, "Guys, I don't see her yet."

"What's going on?" Christian asked walking over to Dallas.

Katherine stepped up next to them watching the tree line.

"Kari, you see anything, the fog is getting thick for me to see anything." Dallas shouted up to her.

"Someone just stepped out of the trees. But I can't see who it was."

Raquel dropped her head as the black wolf with grey hair on his muzzle walked around her, "I know exactly who it is."

Kari lowered the bow as I stepped through the fog with blood still covering my face, "Oh my god."

Raquel walked over to me as she wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me into her body, "I'm sorry."

My chest got tight as I knew nothing was going to be ok. Nothing was going to be ok again.

He was never going to be ok.

"I'm so sorry McKenzie."

"He just....Raquel, he isn't the same."

Raquel turned around walking me down the hill back toward the village as she went toward one of the houses that used to belong to the house maids.

Christian looked over at the house as Katherine stepped infront of him, "Run up to the house and get some food. Make sure she is ok."

Christian nodded his head as he walked back toward the main house.

Kari rubbed the back of her head as Dallas glanced up at her, "I'm sorry, I missed everything!"

Kari flopped back down on her butt, "I really think we will hear it later or maybe we shouldn't know about it."