13. If I Can Catch A Glimpse Of Your Elusive Heart

Outside Waterford, Ireland

Maverick pulled the shirt back over his hard body as the house maid fixed her hair heading for the door.

Maddox stopped as he walked into the room catching a glimpse of the maid turning red as she went out the side door, "With everything going on, you can't take a break from anything?"

Maverick smiled back at him as he started lacing up his boots.

Maddox rolled his eyes as his head swordsman was grinning from what he had done that morning.

Maverick glanced over at Maddox as Maddox was just standing in the corner of the room, "What happened?"

"I have one of the older maids watching over the little boy we found."

"And?"

"Isabel's armies have displaced hundreds of kids. Or they have killed them."

"Again, and?"

"Solomon is the head of those armies."

Maverick bite down on his tongue as he knew were the conversation was going.

"He isn't my brother anymore."

"Everything changed that night man. Solomon went through a lot that night. I mean dealing with the loss of his child and the love of his life, shit wasn't good that night."

Maddox glanced out the window as several people were still walking around the market. "I don't think what we are doing is gonna help with what Isabel wants."

"Isabel wants us dead. She wants control."

Maddox glanced down at his hand, "Any chance we have a plan on how to stop that?"

Maverick started laughing back at him.

"I'm guessing not."

Cork, Ireland

Kari rubbed her hands together as Sanna glanced up from the fire.

I pulled my hood over my head as the sun was just starting to break the fields.

Casey started coughing when Raquel sat up shaking the dew from her jacket, "Any chance we can get into a house soon?"

I glanced over at her when I heard the shouting. "Did you hear that?"

"Kinda." Raquel stood up at the same time Kari did.

Kari narrowed her eyes, "Anyone understand why ships are docking?"

I reached down for my sword as I took off toward the docks.

Casey followed behind me as did the others.

Raquel and Kari filled in behind me as Katherine smiled at the guests stepping from the large ships.

I narrowed my eyes at the red and yellow flags, "Spain?"

Raquel nudged me, "What?"

"They are Spanish. I don't understand why they are here."

"Trade?" Kari added in.

I glanced back at the soldiers that stepped off the ships. They were covered in heavy armour with thick blades. "You don't trade with military grade swords."