30. And You Know You Can't Stay Here Forever

Kari looked over at me as I pulled the blade from my body tossing it to the ground. The wound on my shoulder seemed to draw itself back together as the blood that ran down my chest was the only blood that had shed that night.

Dallas glanced over at me as I was still holding Maddox's beating heart, "How long have the two of you knew about how this night would end?"

Solomon finally looked up at me.

I lifted the heart up as I caught Christian over the heart looking back at me, "It was written since the start of time."

Solomon glanced back at them as something on his face flashed darkness.

I pushed Maddox's body over as his eyes were still wide, "The trusted son."

Solomon shook his head as he walked over to me, "McKenzie, we should talk to them."

I looked up as they were now watching as I tossed the heart over my shoulder to the wolves that were standing behind me.

They all growled at each other as the solid black wolf walked up grabbing the heart. He turned around as he trotted off with Maddox's blood dripping from his jaws.

"McKenzie!" Kari shouted at me.

Solomon narrowed his eyes back at me as I collapsed to my knees.

Dallas stepped back as Solomon soon did the same.

"It was always going to be you two to ruin it all."

Everyone turned around as the woman stepped closer to them.

The wind that was swirling around them stopped as even the crickets had grown silent.

Casey and Christian exchanged looks as the woman stepped infront of the two fallen leaders in their group.

Dallas reached back for her sword when the woman put her hand up making Dallas go to the ground.

"Don't fight it." I mumbled back at her.

The woman glared down at me, "Royal Blood and you do this."

"I did what you wanted. I came back to protect them. I found the traitor."

The woman put her finger under my chin brining my face up to her, "Royal Blood McKenzie."

"I did what you wanted."

"We both did." Solomon blurted out through clenched teeth.

She turned around to him as she grabbed his bottom jaw lifting him from the ground, "You are strong. You are also very smart."

I looked over at him as she brought her other hand up to his chest, "NO!"

"Don't worry McKenzie; I wouldn't kill something that Hades himself created."

Solomon swallowed back the fear as she stepped back from him.

I watched as she walked around him coming up behind me, "A war is building in New York."

"New York doesn't exist yet." I said back to her.

"It really won't after Jordana is finished with it."

I narrowed my eyes at her, "Jordana?"