|forty

i watched the window as the rain fell outside.

we had just finished another concert so we were just waiting for our manager to finish up.

the soft sound of the water hitting the windowsill made me feel at ease.

my head rested against the large glass to hear better.

it sounded so nice.

as i felt someone rest on my leg i looked down.

because i was sitting on a chair, yoongi was on the floor.

his eyes were shut and his chest slowly rose up and down with each breath.

"you did well."

i looked back outside.

"i messed up nineteen times."

"you counted?" i nodded my head, not caring that he couldn't see it.

due to the lack of response he probably knew my answer.

the storm seemed to be getting worse and that made me happy.

the dark, practically gray sky was beautiful.

maybe that's why i liked your hair so much.

it reminded me of the sky during rough storms.

"i heard you talking with hoseok." i shut my eyes, letting the sound of the thunder fill my ears and mind.

"-i'm sorry that i make you frustrated. i'm really not trying to ruin your life again."

a small sigh released from my lips.

"you're not ruining it, just making it a bit more interesting for my liking."

i felt his head shift a bit.

"you don't need to be jealous of her." the words made me try to focus on the sounds from the sky more.

"why's that?" a small chuckle filled the air.

"because we stopped dating well before that night with the stars. sometimes she calls me when she has problems expecting me to be there for her and give her all of my attention. "

"why did you break up?" my neck was kind of hurting because of the way i rested my head on the window, but i didn't really mind.

even with my eyes closed i could still see the lightning flash through the clouds.

"it's kind of hard to like someone when your heart belongs to another."